What's new

Supply....Whats the secret???

Ok, so I just recently purchased the Supply single edge razor. I was very impressed with the look, feel and quality of it, but the actual shave is killing me....literally. WTG barely shaves, and ATG makes me a very generous blood donor. I'm using the mid-setting, but can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong or the Supply just isn't for me, or what would be a good replacement....thoughts?

Lay the top cap against your face and adjust until the blade cuts. Most SE designs intend the cap to be against the skin. The shaving angle is built into the razor. Oh, and NO pressure.

Welcome to the forum!

Use the #3 plate, I find the others useless. Adjust your angle as above.

I have one of the original stainless models, and I used a diamond plate to take the guard back by ~2mm, for a huge improvement.
Edit: I also flattened and lowered the cap.

I think their target market is the shaver who is metro, eco-minded, and not a huge shave hobbyist. It is very difficult to draw blood with the Supply, it provides (for many) a passable cart-like shave, and your only disposables are the blades.

Call Supply and ask them. I hear their customer service is outstanding. If you're having this problem, others probably have too. Therefore Supply has heard the question before, and they probably have the solution for you.

Ok, so I just recently purchased the Supply single edge razor. I was very impressed with the look, feel and quality of it, but the actual shave is killing me....literally. WTG barely shaves, and ATG makes me a very generous blood donor. I'm using the mid-setting, but can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong or the Supply just isn't for me, or what would be a good replacement....thoughts?
I am not familiar with this razor but YouTube has several videos on how to use one. Perhaps you watch some and pick up some tips on something you might have missed.

Practice and experimentation with angles, etc. For me, it was much like learning to wet shave all over, but with a quicker learning curve... I received a Supply razor about 3 weeks ago. I have been a DE wet shaver exclusively for 6+ years, so thought the transition would be simple. The transition wasn't as simple as I thought it would be. The first couple of shaves had me considering returning the razor. For me: 2-dot setting, a Schick blade, watch the pressure, and practice/experiment with angles/pressure. 3 weeks later, I get a very smooth shave that is not yet as close as my best DE set up, but leaves my face feeling better. I am intrigued enough that I can't put it down and go back to my Progress/Astra SP set up yet. If it gets to the point of giving as good a 2-pass shave as my Progress/Astra SP, it will probably become my go-to.

Top Bottom