What's new

Supply single edge

Thanks to Rockviper I had my first shave with the Supply injector. I used Cremo original and the number 2 plate. The razor felt like it had no blade at all. What a smooth shave, but maybe that was because the shave was not close enough for me. Several repeats over the same spot did not help very much. I then used my Schick J to finish the shave. The Schick was not a smooth but gave me the close shave I wanted.

Tomorrow I will try the number three plate. Still looking for a close smooth shave. Tomorrow might be it. Stay tuned.

Nice, I've been wanting one since they came out, but I don't need one.... lol though I own over 100 straight razors......

Angle is slightly different than other injectors for some reason. The type J for me usually takes two passes for a DFS, but I could almost get there on one pass with the supply on the two dot plate. The three fit could be the answer for you though. Give it some time and hopefully it starts working for you!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I could shave again after using the 2-dot plate, but the razor is very easy and intuitive to use. The 3-dot plate was what I needed to get my regular result.

I confess, I liked it at first, using the 3 plate, but after using one of my Repeating razors, the thrill faded somewhat.

I did however find it possible to rework things to make it more to my liking. Using a 320 grit diamond plate, I took the guard back by a bit over 1 millimeter, and took the blade stops down to just a touch over the thickness of the blade. I dressed it down to 600 grit, and then rubbed the plate and razor down with metal polish. Very pleasant, efficient shaver now. Still not nearly as aggressive as a B2, but good.

Used the number 3 plate today. I got a much closer shave. The smoothness was slightly less than with the 2 plate. The razor is heavy. I don’t think I have figured out the correct grip yet but it will come. I think after a few shaves this might be the razor I have looking for ever since I started shaving many many long years ago.

Top Bottom