What's new

Supply single edge 2.0

Hi I’m getting a supply single edge 2.0 razor delivered soon and wanted to ask what are the best injector blades to buy for it ? Are the Schick ones that are on eBay the best ?
Thanks in advance .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious to know how you've been liking your Single Edge OP? I got mine a few weeks ago and although I love it, I've found my hair is too thick. No matter which shave setting I use, it gets clogged between the baseplate and the blade. I really wish this wasn't the case because aside from that, I really love the razor.

Curious to know how you've been liking your Single Edge OP? I got mine a few weeks ago and although I love it, I've found my hair is too thick. No matter which shave setting I use, it gets clogged between the baseplate and the blade. I really wish this wasn't the case because aside from that, I really love the razor.
Ive used it a few times and it takes some getting used to. I used a DE razor for almost 6 years (shaving 6 days a week) but went back to twin blade cartridges (sensor/trac ii/atra) last summer (2019). So it could be that i lost some of my DE technique. Got a few nicks/weepers. I have been using the 1 dot (mild) plate for now but will change to the classic 2 dot plate soon.
I really like the heft and feel of the razor. Its just that when i went back to twin blade carts i realized what most people on this forum learn is that face prep/soap/brush/technique is WAAAAAAYYYY more important than what razor you use. I am getting fantastic shaves with my sensor using good soap and a brush and in less than half the time with zero nicks/weepers.

What is the model number for the stainless vs alloy? I see the ones labeled SER-CM-S alot . I like how they look lol.
My solid stainless steel had the reference "SER-CM" on the box.
The box had the following text on the back

Solid Stainless Steel
Handcrafted with solid stainless steel and
built to last a lifetime

The alloy boxes dont have this text on the back of the box.

My solid stainless steel had the reference "SER-CM" on the box.
The box had the following text on the back

Solid Stainless Steel
Handcrafted with solid stainless steel and
built to last a lifetime

The alloy boxes dont have this text on the back of the box.
Ok I saw one go on eBay that they said stainless and it didn't say that on the box. Thanks .

Just a point worth noting. I messaged Supply and asked about the weight differences between the two.

SS 105g
Zinc Alloy 95g

Not a huge difference.

Just a point worth noting. I messaged Supply and asked about the weight differences between the two.

SS 105g
Zinc Alloy 95g

Not a huge difference.
yes....i weighed mine and it was 105g.
I agree its not much diff. it really if you want aerospace grade steel or zinc alloy albeit PVD coated.

Ok I saw one go on eBay that they said stainless and it didn't say that on the box. Thanks .
Thing is i bought mine on Ebay and so not sure how old it is. It was a starter pack that had never been used. Still had the red plastic blade insert in the razor. So maybe they changed the writing on the box? Best thing i guess is to email Supply and ask them if they stainless steel razors always have that writing on the box.

I use the Chinese Schick blades found on Amazon and my local Long's drugstore.
Could you post a picture of the Chinese Chick blades? I do not know what to look for, but I am for sure not super satisfied with the Personnas and would like to give something else a chance before I give up on the Supply 2.0. I have a rough beard to shave, but I have found some DE combos that works well. The Personna blades are definitely not up for the task, neither being the SE or DE ones.

Top Bottom