What's new

Supply SE trouble

I thought I said that. But yea, of course that probably took care of the pressure problem!
Thanks for you support here. You all rock

So glad things are going better and happy to help.

One more thing I was thinking. Do make sure to break your face into flat spots and use short strokes. Then you don't have to pivot. We all make funny faces while shaving to create better flat spots too, don't be shy about that. :)

So glad things are going better and happy to help.

One more thing I was thinking. Do make sure to break your face into flat spots and use short strokes. Then you don't have to pivot. We all make funny faces while shaving to create better flat spots too, don't be shy about that. :)
I am better with short strokes even with the OneBlade so I have been doing that. The loose grip was the key I think!

Good luck. I didn't start logging my shaves when I was using the supply blades, but in case it helps for reference, the last two Schick blades went 12 and 16 three-pass shaves for me. And I'm not the kind of guy that tries to maximize blade life. I toss my DEs at 4 shaves.

If you mean by resolved, do I now get consistently smooth shaves without irritation?
I am still getting some itching on the neck after the shave, but it has gotten much better. I still can't rise the face after with cold water without burning and I still have rough patches (that's the trade-off for having less irritation).

I have done some soul searching and I think what makes be have greater success with the OneBlade is the active floating blade system. This allows the blade to flex more, making it easier to shave consistently. The rigid blade in the Supply SE (and any other shaver for that matter) probably make it hard for me to adjust, preventing me from a completely satisfying shave.

I think I will use the blades I have up and then either test the twig (although I am assuming a similar problem, due to similar rigid blade/head configuration) or will just swallow the cost of the OneBlade blades as it is giving me a far superior shave.

Buy a Henson, just saying. If you like using a brush try Proraso white it is great for irritable skin. Or ditch the brush and try Blu Atlas shave cream.

Glad you have made some progress! An injector may not be your cup of tea.

If you haven't tried the GEM blade hack in a OneBlade, you should search it here on B&B. I thought at first it was silly, but after trying it, I haven't used a Feather blade in forever in my OneBlade Hybrid. Shaves are ever bit as close and comfortable and the blade lasts for 10 shaves or more and they are cheap. PM me if you have questions. Only thing I suggest is you cork the GEM blade before the first shave as it smooths the blade out.

If you like the pivot, consider the High Proof razor. I have one and like it. A big plus is it uses half DE blades, which are very inexpensive and you can choose one you like

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Corking a blade is lightly and shallowly running an edge over wine cork so as to remove any defects left over from sharpening or previous use.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
After a few shaves with Atelier Durdan's La Faulx single edge razor, I went back yesterday and today to the Supply razor. What a difference!! Both days I had so many areas with irritation as well as a couple of bleeding spots. The La Faulx never gave me any irritation or bleeds. Guess, I bite the bullet and get one and sell the Supply razor soon.

Top Bottom