What's new

supply se razors - few questions

hey there so i justy need a bit of clarification guy so i understand with the supply single edge razor you can choose different base plates,
whats razors are the three baseplates mild, medium and aggressive equivalent too?

as an example like (aggressive) muhle r41, (medium) rocca and (mild) de89

how do you know if youve got the v1 or v2 of the supply razor? and what is the difference between the two?

in regards to the supply se open comb razor whats the aggression level is it?

also whats the difference between the supply injector blades and the black label injector blades?

thanks

I couldn't say because I have never used any of those razors. Supply no longer sell the v2, only the SE and the Pro Adjustable.

how do you know if youve got the v1 or v2 of the supply razor? and what is the difference between the two?

sorry, don't know. I've never seen a v1.

It is a mild razor, much like a Schick L.

also whats the difference between the supply injector blades and the black label injector blades?

The Black Label are made in Japan for Supply and the white Injector blades are made in the US by Personna/Accutech.

Reactions: saj

I couldn't say because I have never used any of those razors. Supply no longer sell the v2, only the SE and the Pro Adjustable.

sorry, don't know. I've never seen a v1.

It is a mild razor, much like a Schick L.

The Black Label are made in Japan for Supply and the white Injector blades are made in the US by Personna/Accutech.
thanks so much for replying, helpful answers appreciate it

do you own a supply razor? if so, which one and how do you find it?

thanks so much for replying, helpful answers appreciate it

do you own a supply razor? if so, which one and how do you find it?
I have the Supply Pro Adjustable and it is an excellent razor. I also have the original stainless v2 and I currenly use it with the SE plate, which is backwards compatible with the v2, but not the v1. I like the SE plate for shaving my head. It is possible, but not easy, to cut yourself with the SE.

I have the Supply Pro Adjustable and it is an excellent razor. I also have the original stainless v2 and I currenly use it with the SE plate, which is backwards compatible with the v2, but not the v1. I like the SE plate for shaving my head. It is possible, but not easy, to cut yourself with the SE.
Would you say the open comb on the supply SE make it more efficient then the schick l type?

What de razor would you say the aggressive plate is most similar too? Just to give me an idea mate

Would you say the open comb on the supply SE make it more efficient then the schick l type?

What de razor would you say the aggressive plate is most similar too? Just to give me an idea mate
No, the SE it is milder than the I type. The SE comes with just the one plate. You should be looking at the Pro, if you want adjustability.

Reactions: saj
No, the SE it is milder than the I type. The SE comes with just the one plate. You should be looking at the Pro, if you want adjustability.
Can you put any injector blades in the supply razor? Like schick pal etc?

Btw which razors do you prefer, the supply injectors or the black label injectors?

They don't sell the v2 anymore, so you can only find those used. I am most familiar with the SE. Because of the fins, it is quite safe, yet more efficient as longer hair and more lather can get through. I think Patrick said he was going for something that was as safe as the mild plate and as efficient as the medium. I really like mine!

Yes, you can use any injector blades. There really are only 3 currently being manufactured - Schick, Supply black label, and Personna (who makes Parker, Ted Pella, Supply white label).

They don't sell the v2 anymore, so you can only find those used. I am most familiar with the SE. Because of the fins, it is quite safe, yet more efficient as longer hair and more lather can get through. I think Patrick said he was going for something that was as safe as the mild plate and as efficient as the medium. I really like mine!

Yes, you can use any injector blades. There really are only 3 currently being manufactured - Schick, Supply black label, and Personna (who makes Parker, Ted Pella, Supply white label).
which do you find better the supply injector blades or the black label injector blades?

yea ive go some vintage schick and pal injector razor blade but someone mentioned the pal ones were suppose to be rubbish lol

So far I get 14-18 shaves and I am not a guy who tries to get more than 4 from a DE blade.

I keep them in the razor, that is what one does with an injector.
i will be interested to see how many shaves i can get out of one injector blade as i normally dash de blades after one or two uses

btw which supply razors do you have?

I like the SE plate for shaving my head. It is possible, but not easy, to cut yourself with the SE.
I was on the verge of returning my new SE razor as I haven't gotten great face shaves from it. But as mentioned it is an excellent razor for head shaving so I ended up keeping it. And I agree it is possible to cut yourself with the SE, but it takes some effort to do so.

How does the Supply Pro adjustable compare to the Parker adjustable? Or the vintage Schick adjustable?

eric

I was on the verge of returning my new SE razor as I haven't gotten great face shaves from it. But as mentioned it is an excellent razor for head shaving so I ended up keeping it. And I agree it is possible to cut yourself with the SE, but it takes some effort to do so.

How does the Supply Pro adjustable compare to the Parker adjustable? Or the vintage Schick adjustable?

eric
The Pro outclasses the Parker and can be adjusted to a higher level of aggression. It shaves was well as any of my three Schick M variants.

I have been using the SE this past week...not my fave but seems ok. I have tried all 3 blades made for it so far and the black are my fave but I have mostly white pella in stock. The angle is a bit strange but once you get it, you get it.

I have cut myself with it but that's trying to find the angle and pressing too hard.

I store it with the blade inside it.

I just saw an advertisement for the Supply SE. In the past I tried vintage Schick SE's, but did not find a sweet spot with them. This one seems interesting and worth following this thread.

I have been thinking and thinking about purchasing the Supply Pro.

I have the a ATT SE1 and really like it with the feather pro super blade.

What I'm trying to figure out is the advantage to an injector razor over what I have. Maybe it's just another beast that I could have in rotation. The idea of it being adjustable really appeals to me. I'm thinking I would start with a higher number and then work my way down with each pass.

Is it worth it to pick up an injector razor? Or is it better to just stay with what I have?

I have been thinking and thinking about purchasing the Supply Pro.

I have the a ATT SE1 and really like it with the feather pro super blade.

What I'm trying to figure out is the advantage to an injector razor over what I have. Maybe it's just another beast that I could have in rotation. The idea of it being adjustable really appeals to me. I'm thinking I would start with a higher number and then work my way down with each pass.

Is it worth it to pick up an injector razor? Or is it better to just stay with what I have?
Only you can answer that. The AC blades are just longer versions of the injector blades.

Top Bottom