What's new

Supply Co. SE First Impressions (replaces 2.0)

First shave Yesterday. I use a lot of cream or soap very dense. For me this always give me a one pass with buffing where I just we what's left. I am a faithful and exclusive user of the 2.0. I found with that Razor after using it for years with all plates, I think that every plat is aggressive. I would never try to shave a week of beard growth with a very aggressive razor (I would use clippers first, just me). I think with the 2.0 that seea slight bakdems to be the idea with the 3 Dot plate. I was using the 1 dot plate, Suited me fine. The SE is a real Game changer for the industry. The semi open comb design allows for a decent blade gap with almost no exposure, The comb teeth design relative to blade edge make it almost impossible to cut yourself. If anyone likes the challenge of using a razor that is difficult to handle or learn to use, this will disappoint. This is designed for newbies and seasoned wet shavers to enjoy using immediately to get BBS shaves without irritation or nicks. Mild, safe, incredibly close single edge razor. I don't know what more you could ask for in a razor. Forget about weepers or anything. Enjoy shaving. This blew my mind and I see why Patrick came up with this and is ditching the still excellent 2.0. Happy Shaving Gents
IMG_20220212_175717640 (1).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220212_175243852.jpg
    IMG_20220212_175243852.jpg
    648.9 KB · Views: 27
Had my first shave with this new model (open com). First time with this brand. For comparison, my most user razors are Stainless Hawk V3, Gem Bullet Tip or Push Button.

Its a hefty razor, not slippery but I am used to knurled handles.
Shave? Its pretty mild and safe for beginners for sure. Pretty smooth, but I am used to less mild razors.
I think its an excellent beginners razor.
If you are used to vintage Gem single edge razors - its between the contour (which is too mild for me) and Push Button.

I will give it a few more tries before I form a final opinion. I am also curious how it would be with a short Schick ProLine blade.

Had my first shave with this new model (open com). First time with this brand. For comparison, my most user razors are Stainless Hawk V3, Gem Bullet Tip or Push Button.

Shave? Its pretty mild and safe for beginners for sure. Pretty smooth, but I am used to less mild razors.
If you are used to vintage Gem single edge razors - its between the contour (which is too mild for me) and Push Button.

I will give it a few more tries before I form a final opinion. I am also curious how it would be with a short Schick ProLine blade.

Those Supply black based are so good. In my 2.0 I prefer their cheaper white box blades. A bit more blade feel, more feedback. I've used Schick's in the 2.0. Not bad but they don't load well, so you end up taking the plate off and handling the blade, which kind of defeats one purpose of an injector that appeals to me

Thanks for the review. I picked up a second hand stainless 2.0 a while ago for my first (and still only) SE razor and have grown quite fond of it. It only came with one plate, I think the two dot. I don't really neeeeed any more razors right now (when has that stopped anyone here?) but would definitely consider getting an SE in the future.

Thanks for the review. I picked up a second hand stainless 2.0 a while ago for my first (and still only) SE razor and have grown quite fond of it. It only came with one plate, I think the two dot. I don't really neeeeed any more razors right now (when has that stopped anyone here?) but would definitely consider getting an SE in the future.
Wait until around June and they will sell you the SE base plate, which will fit yor current handle.

This razor really on me.
I don't post often as much as I used to years ago, but I really appreciate what it took of Supply Co to take the risk and personal investment required in making such a refined product.
This has become my go to razor. I felt at first it was too mild but it is efficient enough for me. Plus, while I have more aggressive razors, they all like to take advantage of my good nature and give me a bite if they sense I don't pay attention.
This one requires effort for it to draw blood - it can be it really would be a blatant user error.

Good job Supply Co.!

Just a heads up, Supply is now selling the SE plate alone, to upgrade the 2.0 razors. Received an email form them over the weekend, and clicking on the link shows they're live. - I don't have either, but just passing along the news that the plate is now available.

I'm amazed just blown away at the closeness and effortless efficiency of this razor. I've previously used the 2.0 which with all plates is agressive to me, but cartainlywith the three plate on, that is very aggressive. The ease of shaving with the SE doesn't bother me at all. You could shave a baby with this razor. "Agressive" because that's what you like or what your used to, I understand that. But "Agressive" as a challenge doesn't make much sense to me. The best shave is my target. Happy Shaving gents.

Just a heads up, Supply is now selling the SE plate alone, to upgrade the 2.0 razors. Received an email form them over the weekend, and clicking on the link shows they're live. - I don't have either, but just passing along the news that the plate is now available.
Thanks for posting that! We were originally told that it would be available in June. Mine is now on the way.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Hi folks thanks for the reviews here very interesting item tempting to try a SE. query though. I’ve looked thru the supply site has anyone used the for body shaving such as neck, back etc? Thanks

Hi folks thanks for the reviews here very interesting item tempting to try a SE. query though. I’ve looked thru the supply site has anyone used the for body shaving such as neck, back etc? Thanks
The generic answer is that they designed it for all these tasks. The experience here has been that if you get the angle wrong you can still have the blade contact skin due to the design of the head. A vintage Schick head makes it so that the blade lifts if you get it wrong, you would have to really try to bunch up your skin enough to get it into the blade from my experience. If you feel that you can maintain the required 45-50 degree from skin handle angle, then you will have no difficulty. If your brain is wired for 25-30 degrees, this will be more challenging. That is the only thing to consider I can think of, the handle is a nice length.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Top Bottom