What's new

Supply chain blues

I was placing an order for some shaving supplies with my usual source (Small Flower) today. I was dissapointed to find that my usual blade (KAI stainless) was only available in single packs, all the 50 and 100 packs were out of stock. Same thing with Feather blades as well. I am pretty picky about blades so I didn't check out other brands. I have a couple of months worth of Kai and Feather until I run out. If things don't improve by then (which they probably won't - untangling the supply problems will take months at least) I'll have to shop for a new blade.

I hear good things about Silver Star (from Lord ?) Any suggestions? - Nothing from Proctor and Gamble please! That company doesn't want my business after all.

I was placing an order for some shaving supplies with my usual source (Small Flower) today. I was dissapointed to find that my usual blade (KAI stainless) was only available in single packs, all the 50 and 100 packs were out of stock. Same thing with Feather blades as well. I am pretty picky about blades so I didn't check out other brands. I have a couple of months worth of Kai and Feather until I run out. If things don't improve by then (which they probably won't - untangling the supply problems will take months at least) I'll have to shop for a new blade.

I hear good things about Silver Star (from Lord ?) Any suggestions? - Nothing from Proctor and Gamble please! That company doesn't want my business after all.
SuperMax Blue Diamond or Titanium.

If KAI blades are good for you, try the Shark super stainless, it's a Lord blade and isn't P&G. If you prefer Feather-like sharpness, the ASCO reds and Silver star are great, also Lord blades.

Have you tried a different source for the Kai blades? I saw them on WCS but pretty expensive. I love the Kai’s by the way. Great blade.

I was just checking forum sponsor Men's Room Barber Shop and they have a 100 pack of Kai blades for $32 which sounds like a good price for those blades. They offer free shipping if you spend $49 or more.

I have found the Silver Stars to be excellant blades.

Several of the supporting vendors carry Kai & Feather. May I suggest you try one of them.
EF520914-B3EF-43AF-8249-9D7E0AEBB21C.png

I understand your reservations about P+G!

To answer your question, Lord’s Silver Stars are very good blades for me!! :a29:

If you run out, you can get bulk packs from Amazon.

Personally, I am not a fan of Kai blades. I understand they are slightly wider than most blades making the blade exposure higher. For my sensitive skin, that makes them harsh.

As others have noted BIC Chrome Platinum blades are great blades.

If you do not mind Edgewell branded blades, Personna Platinum and Wilkinson Sword Classic blades are both good. Many people also like the Personna Lab Blue and Med Prep blades made in the USA by AccuTech Blades.

I also have a fondness for the Dorco Prime Platinum STP301, Super-max Blue Diamond and Lord Platinum blades.

I like some of the Gillette branded blades as well, but for those who avoid P&G, there plenty of good alternatives.

Thanks for the input guys! I placed an order with mensroombarbershop.com the evening of 1/9 and they shipped the next day. Gotta love the service!

Top Bottom