What's new

Supply and Injector shave.

After using a double edge since 2017, I decided it was time to try a single edge. So in my usual fashion I overdo it. I ordered a Supply razor and bought a Schick Injector from a B&B member on the BST. As if by fate, or Devine intervention if you’re a fan of Pulp Fuction, both arrived in the mail this A.M (thanks USPS!) the Schick was NOS and came in the original box with the original blades. Despite knowing I probably shouldn’t, I figured 35 year old blades were probably still at least decent…shaved one side of my face with the supply and one with the injector

Oh boy! Both gave an amazing 3 pass shave, even against the grain which I rarely do because it makes my face look like hammered dog****. I’m hooked, loving both the single edge razors. Off to Scamazon to order some injector blades I guess.

I have a Schick E type. It’s so great I’ve never been tempted by the modern SE razors. I use the Schick blades from Scam River as well. Congrats on your new discoveries. That’s one of the things that make like worthwhile.

Last edited:
Just been looking at the supply razor. Is the light weight material model as good as the solid metal one? Only ask as the lighter one is available here in he UK for as little as £49!!!

I have no clue if the light weight one is as good as the other but I would imagine it is. Either way I doubt you’ll regret getting the supply, it’s a really sweet shaving razor! I’m super impressed with it so far.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Just had the best shave I’ve ever had with the injector with a brand new Schick blade from Amazon! Absolutely amazing. If they stay this good I can’t imagine I’ll even reach for a double edge razor much.
And just wait until you see how many shaves you can get from a single blade! It's a great system!

Curious 🧐

Can a schick twin injector II blade be used in the Supply razor?

Also - Would a Twin blade damage an E or G type?
For those who have tried a twin blade in an E or G: Does it make a difference?

Thanks!

I couldn't say regarding the Supply because I don't care for the twin blades. They were only meant for the later Schick models so I wouldn't try them in anything earlier than an L.

what exactly makes a twin injector blade different? I’m familiar with the ads and I think I may have removed them from some of my older Schick E’s and F. What do they look like? The two slots?
I couldn't say regarding the Supply because I don't care for the twin blades. They were only meant for the later Schick models so I wouldn't try them in anything earlier than an L.

what exactly makes a twin injector blade different? I’m familiar with the ads and I think I may have removed them from some of my older Schick E’s and F. What do they look like? The two slots?

The twin injector blades are two blades, sandwiched together and staggered, with a spacer between them, from the factory.

The L, M adjustable, N, and O razors were made to use them. My understanding is that they can stretch the springs too far in earlier types (anyone have experience with using twins in the E or O?).

The Twin blades are now only produced in Japan, where they are still popular. They are not distributed in the West, so they have to be ordered through theBay or Amozan… which is expensive.

In this picture, you can see the twin injector key with blades, and if you zoom in, you can see the twin blade(s).
59658909-6629-4AFF-B694-55D472250D5A.jpeg

Here’s another picture… you can see the “spacer” in this picture. There is a spacer on each end of the blade set.

It doesn’t look like it would be too difficult to make homemade twin blades.
They would be easy to use in any injector-type razor that opened, like a Hydro-Magic. They could be used in a GEM MicroMatic also, I’m speculating. I know injector blades can be used in a MM, but has anyone tried a Twin?
D12C1DA2-4E4A-4EDA-9049-8203A42A2685.jpeg

Top Bottom