What's new

Supply 2.0

I’ve had this sitting my drawer for a while. Currently not happy with my Markur 20 as it seems way too mild. I had done OK with the supply but I’d read the original blades it shipped with were junk. If I wanted to give it another try what blades should I look for? Preferably off Amazon.

The Personna injector blades are just fine, and you seem to have got on ok with them already so why take somebody else's word for it that they're junk. The Schick blades are probably a bit better, but not by enough to justify the extra cost in a lot of countries. Both have been available on Amazon here in the UK, but the Schicks cost a lot more.

I'll second that the Schick blades in the yellow package (7 blade cartridge) are probably the best overall blade in most people's opinion. I use those and the Personna and have had great shaves with both. Maybe just try using what you have again. I had to practice a good bit to get the angle and pressure just right. You'll know when you do because you will get an amazingly smooth and close shave with no effort and no irritation. It's pretty amazing actually...a little addictive I must say. 😉

The Personna injector blades are just fine, and you seem to have got on ok with them already so why take somebody else's word for it that they're junk. The Schick blades are probably a bit better, but not by enough to justify the extra cost in a lot of countries. Both have been available on Amazon here in the UK, but the Schicks cost a lot more.
I quit using it because I didn’t feel the shave was ever close enough

The blades that Supply sells are good in my opinion. They will be selling an injector blade made by Feather very soon.

I quit using it because I didn’t feel the shave was ever close enough
I’m in the same boat with the Supply. I’ve tried the blades shipped with it and the Schick blades. Even with the aggressive plate I can’t quite get the shave where I want it without going as far as a 4th pass. I gave up on the razor and the company when I found out my “free blades for life” deal I bought into was no longer valid because I missed an email.

An injector blade made by Feather you say?
If they are as good as the blades they made in the 70s all will be well!
20211104_081635.jpg

Honestly, I’m just happy to see anyone putting out new injector blades and razors. Considering how many shaves I get from a single blade, I won’t be bothered if the “black” blades are more expensive.

Top Bottom