What's new

Supply 2.0 injector Any experienced users?

I'm new to single blade shaving. I possibly should not have started with the Supply 2.0 but I'm wondering if there are any users who can offer advice. Of course I know less than zero about single blade shaving but it 'seems to me' the the 2.0 has a very sharply angled head, which is a bit too steep. DE razor handles are perpendicular to the blade. So I'm having trouble finding the 30 degree angle. It seems to achieve it I'd have to have the handle in a minor angle close to my face as opposed to angling outward. Seems pretty awkward. I got some nics and a few 'gushers'. Anyone using the 2.0 having a problem with the angle or how to hold it?

The Supply 2.0 is still my first and only SE razor. The first couple shaves with it were a little rough. Getting a handle on the blade angle takes some work and it is rather different than a DE. What blades are you using with it? I believe it comes with Personnas (mine was bought second hand, no blades included) which seem to be hit or miss for some people. Most people have positive thoughts on the Chinese made Schick blades (what I've been using), which are available at reasonable cost on Amazon. In addition, make sure you are careful when loading blades. Some guys unscrew the head and manually install blades every time, but that is advisable to do if you are loading it when no blade is in the razor. When injecting a new blade in, look carefully to be sure the blade does not drag against the stops. If it does and you try to shave with that blade, it's not gonna be good.

I would say worry less about the handle. Focus on the head of the razor (and the blade) and keeping it essentially parallel to your face. You want as little angle as possible where it's cutting the hair. If it's been a while since I've used it and I'm zeroing in on that angle, I would rather make a pass at such a flat angle the blade doesn't even touch my face and I'm just pushing the lather around, than make a pass at too steep an angle, because it can bite! And as always, light light pressure.

The head you are using can also play a role in this. I only have the standard one which works good with me, but trying the mild head is an option if you bought a pack with all three (or ordering one separately).

The Supply 2.0 is still my first and only SE razor. The first couple shaves with it were a little rough. Getting a handle on the blade angle takes some work and it is rather different than a DE. What blades are you using with it? I believe it comes with Personnas (mine was bought second hand, no blades included) which seem to be hit or miss for some people. Most people have positive thoughts on the Chinese made Schick blades (what I've been using), which are available at reasonable cost on Amazon. In addition, make sure you are careful when loading blades. Some guys unscrew the head and manually install blades every time, but that is advisable to do if you are loading it when no blade is in the razor. When injecting a new blade in, look carefully to be sure the blade does not drag against the stops. If it does and you try to shave with that blade, it's not gonna be good.

I would say worry less about the handle. Focus on the head of the razor (and the blade) and keeping it essentially parallel to your face. You want as little angle as possible where it's cutting the hair. If it's been a while since I've used it and I'm zeroing in on that angle, I would rather make a pass at such a flat angle the blade doesn't even touch my face and I'm just pushing the lather around, than make a pass at too steep an angle, because it can bite! And as always, light light pressure.

The head you are using can also play a role in this. I only have the standard one which works good with me, but trying the mild head is an option if you bought a pack with all three (or ordering one separately).
Thanks for the help. When I first tried it, I was looking at the DE shave videos that talked about the 30 degree angle. So I had some real gushers:) Elsewhere here someone said about the angle you mentioned. I'm using the blades that came with it. On a special offer, they gave me 32 blades with it. Supply claims they're made in America. They are very sharp and man this Razor is quite the beast! I could not get a decent shave with the 1 dot plate, so I moved up to the 2 dot. Still trying to figure our how to not cut myself on the roundest part of my chin and under my nose. I used the shave every day but I'm just shaving every other day at least for now. Other than the odd nick, I'm finding zero irritation. It seems like the only drawback is switching this off with other DE razors if iffy. Happy Shaves to you!

Thanks for the help. When I first tried it, I was looking at the DE shave videos that talked about the 30 degree angle. So I had some real gushers:) Elsewhere here someone said about the angle you mentioned. I'm using the blades that came with it. On a special offer, they gave me 32 blades with it. Supply claims they're made in America. They are very sharp and man this Razor is quite the beast! I could not get a decent shave with the 1 dot plate, so I moved up to the 2 dot. Still trying to figure our how to not cut myself on the roundest part of my chin and under my nose. I used the shave every day but I'm just shaving every other day at least for now. Other than the odd nick, I'm finding zero irritation. It seems like the only drawback is switching this off with other DE razors if iffy. Happy Shaves to you!

Glad to hear you're getting the hang of it. It really is a nice razor. Mine is stainless and I quite like the design. As soon as I saw 30 degrees in your original post I thought, uh oh. 10-15 degrees (or really close to parallel with your face as I said) is where you want. Try the schicks some time too and see which you like best!

How are you and the Supply getting along? I’ve had mine for two weeks, and I don’t want to put it down. Make sure you’re spending the time to properly prepare your need for the shave. And always strive to use negative pressure. I hold the Razor basically with two fingers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom