What's new

Supplements Question

I don't know why but I've found preworkout drinks really tear up my gut. Kudos to you if you've found one you like and can tolerate without side effects. These days, I usually hit a half cup of coffee 30 mins prior...but even that can cause reflux.
Sorry to hear, the preworkout I mixed is perfectly tolerable, at least to me.

Right been trying this recipe out for over a week now and I have to say...

IT IS AWESOME! This is the best pre-workout I have ever taken, if you are into pre-workouts this is definitely one to try :thumbup:

Nope.
I'd send you some if it didn't look like cocaine.

LOL...that's ok...probably get caught by Customs and then it would be bad for the both of us. I don't know what it is about pre-workouts that jack up my gut so much. I've used NOXplode, MusclePharm Assault and Neurocore....all three give me a sick stomach going in to a workout...it fades quickly, but demotivates me to use it.

LOL...that's ok...probably get caught by Customs and then it would be bad for the both of us. I don't know what it is about pre-workouts that jack up my gut so much. I've used NOXplode, MusclePharm Assault and Neurocore....all three give me a sick stomach going in to a workout...it fades quickly, but demotivates me to use it.
What about them? Have you tried Creatine by itself?
As I wrote mine is fairly simple recipe:
Creatine, Citrulline Malate, Beta Alanine, Glycine, Caffeine, Theanine.
I didn't manage to grab any L-Carnitine, and as I wrote BCAA don't seem to help me much.

Based off of my own personal experience, I'd recommend you separate your goals. Slimming down and bulking up at the same time is about as difficult as it gets in the dieting and exercising worlds.

First, cut the weight with a cardio regimen- something like "Insanity" that encompasses plyometrics with a fast pace to keep that heart rate up. A booster for something like that would be vitamin-laden protein shakes stacked with an appetite suppressant (but keep eating- this'll just help you not crave food when you don't actually need it) and a thermogenic. I'm using W700 now and it's not bad. Miss that old OxyElite Pro though.

Once you've cut the fat, then you move on to lifting heavy things and consuming whey by the pound. More weight, less reps, three sets. Find a spotter. Rotate muscle groups every day - always give a muscle group a day or two of rest before hammering them again. FREEWEIGHTS ARE YOUR FRIEND! They promote building up the fine muscle control in addition to the big, clunky movements too. Massive triceps won't take you very far if you don't have the supporting muscles to back them up.

Or the fast method: cocaine and HGH, the heavyhitters! :a11:

Totally kidding. Don't do that.

Last edited:
Based off of my own personal experience, I'd recommend you separate your goals. Slimming down and bulking up at the same time is about as difficult as it gets in the dieting and exercising worlds.

First, cut the weight with a cardio regimen- something like "Insanity" that encompasses plyometrics with a fast pace to keep that heart rate up. A booster for something like that would be vitamin-laden protein shakes stacked with an appetite suppressant (but keep eating- this'll just help you not crave food when you don't actually need it) and a thermogenic. I'm using W700 now and it's not bad. Miss that old OxyElite Pro though.

Once you've cut the fat, then you move on to lifting heavy things and consuming whey by the pound. More weight, less reps, three sets. Find a spotter. Rotate muscle groups every day - always give a muscle group a day or two of rest before hammering them again. FREEWEIGHTS ARE YOUR FRIEND! They promote building up the fine muscle control in addition to the big, clunky movements too. Massive triceps won't take you very far if you don't have the supporting muscles to back them up.

Or the fast method: cocaine and HGH, the heavyhitters! :a11:

Totally kidding. Don't do that.
Can't do insanity, have two joint injuries. I am currently trying to just lose weight, if I lose some muscle so be it.

Cheers for your advice, to respond properly:
I don't do Thermogenic stuff, not fond of it, gives me the jitters.
I have a training regimen setup by a personal trainer that focuses on my goals
Cutting the fat would take ages by itself, so I am happy doing cardio and freeweights

Last edited:
What about them? Have you tried Creatine by itself?
As I wrote mine is fairly simple recipe:
Creatine, Citrulline Malate, Beta Alanine, Glycine, Caffeine, Theanine.
I didn't manage to grab any L-Carnitine, and as I wrote BCAA don't seem to help me much.

Creatine by itself is fine...I've taken that off and on for years. I think it might be the Beta Alanine or L-Carnitine that do it...BA always gives me the tingles

Creatine by itself is fine...I've taken that off and on for years. I think it might be the Beta Alanine or L-Carnitine that do it...BA always gives me the tingles
Hmmm well mine currently doesn't have any L-Carnitine in it as it wasn't available when I purchased my ingredients. This stuff is definitely worth a try :thumbup:
Plus if you take out the Citrulline Malate it is cheap as chips.

Hmmm well mine currently doesn't have any L-Carnitine in it as it wasn't available when I purchased my ingredients. This stuff is definitely worth a try :thumbup:
Plus if you take out the Citrulline Malate it is cheap as chips.

You've convinced me I may need to try my own mix!

Can't do insanity, have two joint injuries. I am currently trying to just lose weight, if I lose some muscle so be it.

Cheers for your advice, to respond properly:
I don't do Thermogenic stuff, not fond of it, gives me the jitters.
I have a training regimen setup by a personal trainer that focuses on my goals
Cutting the fat would take ages by itself, so I am happy doing cardio and freeweights
Sounds like you have a good plan then! Sorry I can't be more help with actual pre- and post-workout supps. If it's still out, Jack 3D worked wonders for me. Also, Animal Paks are good stuff. Just haven't tried many of them. Good luck though!

Sounds like you have a good plan then! Sorry I can't be more help with actual pre- and post-workout supps. If it's still out, Jack 3D worked wonders for me. Also, Animal Paks are good stuff. Just haven't tried many of them. Good luck though!
I have some Jack3d, honestly I prefer my pre-workout. Cheers for your help though it is much appreciated.

Top Bottom