What's new

Supermax super platinum?

Yes - I haven't used one in a while, but I remember giving all my platinums away because I didn't find them sufficiently sharp. I kept the super platinums. They shaved very similarly to Personna Lab Blue, which for my money is very good.

I like the Supermax Super Platinum blades, they remind me of the Wilkinson Sword Classic.
They are harder to find, and I think priced higher than the WSC blades, so at that point I won't buy again unless I find a bargain.

Just tried the super plats in a Muhle R89, two shaves. I'd say an okay blade, but not great. I had to toss after two shaves and I didn't enjoy either shave. No time to waste on inferior shaving. I'll be trading the rest away. Not impressed.

I haven't tried the regular Platinum, but the Super Platinum is a pretty decent blade. I had three shaves with it in a Gillette Blue Tip. Sharp enough, comfortable, no harshness.

+1 on the SuperMax SP blades being nicer blades than the regular platinums. I notice a difference and like the SP's much better.

Top Bottom