What's new

SuperMax Platinum Plus vs SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum.

s-l400.jpgimages (11).jpeg
As both of above shown brands are available in the market, kindly tell me which one would be better to buy, or are they the same blade?

Last edited:
I have the Super-Max Blue Diamond Platinum and super-Max Blue Diamond Titanium coming to me from the Blade Exchange. My understanding is those two are among the best of those made by Super-Max. Sorry, I don't have first hand information at this point.

Blue Diamond shave is sharper but, Supermax Platinum is not bad for me. The Blue Diamond is defiantly sharper. Not the same blade IMO. YMMV though.

Super max platinum + is what we get in India. These are mid sharp for me thought little more sharp than GSBs. Super max diamond edge are sharpest of any super max blade I have used.
My preferred blades are very sharp like Gillette black, feathers and Polsilver.

Thanks all for helping me decide. I will go for Super-Max Blue Diamond Platinum, as I like sharper blades.

I have both. As already mentioned, the Supermax Platinum Plus is a mild blade and quite smooth, but if you have a coarse beard you're probably not going to like them. The Supermax Blue Diamond Titanium is a sharper blade, still smooth, and seems to be well liked by members. The Supermax Super Platinum Diamond Edge is the sharpest of the three. The Blue Diamond and Diamond Edge are both in my preferred group of blades.

Has anyone used these? I don't see many reviews on these especially how they stack against other super max. Sharper than platinum plus in my limited experience of super max range.
51nFSBS9wwL_edit.jpg

The only one I have used is the Blue Diamond. I have a coarse beard, so I like sharp blades. However, my skin is also sensitive, so I need a smooth blade. They are not my favorite blade, but I have not had issues with them. They are one of three less- familiar blades I like: Dorco Prime Platinum, Shark Platinum and SuperMax Blue Diamond.

I enjoyed the Super Max Blue Diamond Titanium so much I purchased 300+. I do have some of the Blue Diamond Platinums and they work well for me also, but the price is a little more so I only have 100.

Has anyone used these? I don't see many reviews on these especially how they stack against other super max. Sharper than platinum plus in my limited experience of super max range.
View attachment 1056895
I recently ordered and received 200 of these. Kind of difficult to obtain since the only sellers I found on eBay are located in India. As far as I know only two sellers have this blade. I paid almost 15 usd for the blades and they came boxed in a nice hard plastic case.
Buttery smooth, medium sharpness for me. Good blades. Nothing to complain about.
Strange how everyone else finds the Blue Diamond Platinum smooth but not so sharp. I find them quite the opposite, very aggressive, and my skin can confirm it. I have about 295 of them and I bought too many since I don't use them too often.
There are better blades in their lineup, such as the SuperMax Super Platinum (if you can get ahold of those, I believe they are out of production-now they sell for outrageous prices; I have 17 left and keep them for special occasions) Super Stainless if you like a blade to be like Voskhod and of course the Blue Diamond Titanium.
I find the Diamond Edge and Blue Diamond Titanium to be about the same.
Haven't used Platinum and Platinum plus since I was a teen and don't have any tucks to try but I remember them to be good as well, for what it's worth.

I just finished up a pack of the "Super-Max Super Stainless" (yellow packaging). These were from a sampler pack I got about 10 years ago and just getting around to using some of the samplers. This was a very nice smooth blade. I got at least a weeks worth of decent shaves from each blade and might be able to extend it past that. I wish I had more.

I recently bought the "Super-Max Super Stainless Blue". Have not tried them yet. I hope they are as good as the Super Stainless that was in the yellow packaging.

Super-Max1.jpg
Super-Max2.jpg

I am not a SuperMax fan. I tried the SuperMax Titanium, twice (2 different blades) in 2 different razors and got cut both times.

I liked SuperMax Super Stainless blue, much better than a GSB blade...I find personal tastes in blades very interesting, but reviews to be near useless.

I just finished up a pack of the "Super-Max Super Stainless" (yellow packaging). These were from a sampler pack I got about 10 years ago and just getting around to using some of the samplers. This was a very nice smooth blade. I got at least a weeks worth of decent shaves from each blade and might be able to extend it past that. I wish I had more.

I recently bought the "Super-Max Super Stainless Blue". Have not tried them yet. I hope they are as good as the Super Stainless that was in the yellow packaging.

View attachment 1057096View attachment 1057097
The yellow pack is just like the ones I used when I was a teen. Brings back memories. Now there's a green pack that looks similar. I have box of 120 of those green ones. There is (or was)also another type of blue Super Stainless with some grey diagonal stripes with the Vidyut company name on them. Maybe packaged for another market.
IMG_20200128_220948.jpg
IMG_20200128_221054.jpg

I recently ordered and received 200 of these. Kind of difficult to obtain since the only sellers I found on eBay are located in India. As far as I know only two sellers have this blade. I paid almost 15 usd for the blades and they came boxed in a nice hard plastic case.
Buttery smooth, medium sharpness for me. Good blades. Nothing to complain about.
Strange how everyone else finds the Blue Diamond Platinum smooth but not so sharp. I find them quite the opposite, very aggressive, and my skin can confirm it. I have about 295 of them and I bought too many since I don't use them too often.
There are better blades in their lineup, such as the SuperMax Super Platinum (if you can get ahold of those, I believe they are out of production-now they sell for outrageous prices; I have 17 left and keep them for special occasions) Super Stainless if you like a blade to be like Voskhod and of course the Blue Diamond Titanium.
I find the Diamond Edge and Blue Diamond Titanium to be about the same.
Haven't used Platinum and Platinum plus since I was a teen and don't have any tucks to try but I remember them to be good as well, for what it's worth.

FYI - I found and bought some of these. Thought they were a good price. Just sharing since you said the Supermax Super Platinums were out of production and sold for an outrageous price. Now you can buy a gazillian and be a blade hoarder like me. :)

Do you know if Supermax Blue Diamond Titanium is still IN production?

FYI - I found and bought some of these. Thought they were a good price. Just sharing since you said the Supermax Super Platinums were out of production and sold for an outrageous price. Now you can buy a gazillian and be a blade hoarder like me. :)

Do you know if Supermax Blue Diamond Titanium is still IN production?

I have seen some blades listed as Blue Diamond Titanium, but the packaging seems to be the same as the Blue Diamond Platinum. Although I have not tried them, there are Titanium blades in packaging that indicates that. However, those blades are not as readily available as the Platinum blades, so I have no idea whether the Titanium blades are still being produced. I do like the Platinum blades though.

The entire SuperMax line are good blades and good values. The Blue Diamonds are sharper, the Plats are less expensive and maybe a bit longer lasting. Yesterday was shave four on a Plat for me.

Top Bottom