What's new

SuperMax Platinum Plus vs SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum.

They are not the same blade definitely. Both are very smooth. The Blue Diamond Platinum is a bit sharper. The Platinum Plus might tug in mild razors if you have very heavy beard.

Has anyone used these? I don't see many reviews on these especially how they stack against other super max. Sharper than platinum plus in my limited experience of super max range.
View attachment 1056895
Yes, I have 300 of them. Since they are mainly available in India, they don't get much attention on the forum. I know they are available from the Razor Blades Club. I have tried almost every Super-Max model in the last 12-13 years and I can say the Diamond Edge is the sharpest of all Super-Max blades. But don't hold your breath and expect Feather or Super Iridium sharpness. It's a Super-Max after all.

Today was #6 for the SuperMax platinum. A good shave, but the blade is beginning to fail. You know the drill...if I was poor I'd keep using it, but I'm not just now so into the disposal can it goes.

Good blade in it's own right...particularly good blade for the money.

The product manager of Super-Max was my friend and he had shared that Super-Max have 2 basic blades - the stainless and platinum. They will give good 4 to 5 shaves. They are sold in many Avatars globally.the Super are enhanced versions of the basic stainless and platinum.

Around 2016 or 17 they got new machinery for a new blade called diamond series which will give 8 to 10 shaves.

Super-Max markets these three blades in various packaging and branding for different geographies

A few years back they had also released the tiger and sunrise branded blades which were premium stainless and Super platinum blade in very colorful packaging

Last edited:
The product manager of Super-Max was my friend and he had shared that Super-Max have 2 basic blades - the stainless and platinum. They will give good 4 to 5 shaves. They are sold in many Avatars globally.the Super are enhanced versions of the basic stainless and platinum.

Around 2016 or 17 they got new machinery for a new blade called diamond series which will give 8 to 10 shaves.

Super-Max markets these three blades in various packaging and branding for different geographies

A few years back they had also released the tiger and sunrise branded blades which were premium stainless and Super platinum blade in very colorful packaging

Thanks for that insider information. It explains why I love the Diamond blades. I had wondered if it was worth trying the other blades, but based on your information, I won't bother .

My beard is hard on sharp edges and my skin is so sensitive, I can only get 3-4 shaves before the blade is too dull for my beard or too rough for my face. However, that is my experience with any blade I use, except Feather which is only good for 2 shaves.

I enjoyed the Super Max Blue Diamond Titanium so much I purchased 300+. I do have some of the Blue Diamond Platinums and they work well for me also, but the price is a little more so I only have 100.

But what happens if they stop production?? :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks for this. It's not surprising, and I suspect other firms, such as Lord, Treet, and Gillette, do the same.

One thing about Supermax is that even their very inexpensive blades still deliver great shaves. One cannot say the same about Malhotra, whose inexpensive offerings, such as Topaz and Laser, well, they aren't bad, OK at best.

Thanks for this. It's not surprising, and I suspect other firms, such as Lord, Treet, and Gillette, do the same.

One thing about Supermax is that even their very inexpensive blades still deliver great shaves. One cannot say the same about Malhotra, whose inexpensive offerings, such as Topaz and Laser, well, they aren't bad, OK at best.

In India a lot of blades get used by a small or one man barber who sets up a make shift barbershop wherever he can. Using a half blade shavette and a shave cream two customers get a shave per DE blade.

Growing a beard is very common in India too and a lot of times the shavette is for shaping the beard and side whiskers.

This is here most DE blades are used. The cheaper blades like those from Vidyut (supermax) or Malhotra (Topaz ) and even Gillette (Wilkinson sword) are bought by these barbers or by someone who buys a single blade a week for two or three shaves.

The reasons Gillette keeps alive products for this market and also cater to this by using innovations like the Gillette Guard as thr clean shave look is not much of a cultural thing in many rural areas where facial hair is a mark of inheritance amongst the many communities whose fore fathers were warriors or land lords and beards were a part of the "dress code".

Its a nightmare for companies like Gillette to get sportsmen, film actors and other celebrities who are clean shaven for selling the clean shaven look. Trimmers do a much better business rather than products for a clean shave ! Google for top grossing sportsmen, film actors and other celebrities in India - you'll get the idea :D

The low end blades sell to this audience at a price point and are thus manufactured for this one shave or beard shaping.

Last edited:
But what happens if they stop production?? :clap: :clap: :clap:
All my Titaniums were made in 2011 and I think production is actually ceased :(

How will I make it on only 300 blades LOL ? Especially since I tend to get about 7-10 shaves from one ;)

Top Bottom