What's new

SuperMax Menthol shaving cream

This is a really nice Bulgarian-produced cream and I believe some time ago our “exotic cream” expert Malocchio wrote a good review of it also. The scent is a mix of peppermint with soapy notes, and I believe there might also be some coumarin in the mix as well. A small amount is enough to give mountains of rich, thick lather, and the menthol sensation while not strong, is still very pleasant. This cream leaves the skin well moisturized and comfortable. I traded with a Bulgarian fellow a couple of years ago and this was one of the creams I received. SuperMax comes in three variants - this Menthol is the only one I have.

Rick
B78112CA-28D6-4A68-B98B-CB16235B17C4.jpeg

I have the newer design of the classic and lime lemon supermax creams. I could not locate the menthol variation. It is a very good cream and it's up there with Palmolive, proraso and speick creams.

I have the newer design of the classic and lime lemon supermax creams. I could not locate the menthol variation. It is a very good cream and it's up there with Palmolive, proraso and speick creams.

The skincare of this cream is very good. Better than Proraso Green and close to Palmolive and Speick. The menthol sensation is on the mild side as compared to Proraso Green, Palmolive Menthol, or Ingram but it’s still cooling enough.

Rick

Super-Max menthol variant is refreshing - menthol derived from peppermint. Classic variant has barbershop scent.
I don't' think Super-Max sell creams anymore.

The bangladesh version I have is just terrible. The glide and cushion simply weren't there. And there's no menthol to speak. Just a faint peppermint secent.

Hello to all. My same is done in Bangladesh. I bought it in Russia. Inscriptions in four languages, including Arabic. There are no Russian inscriptions. Regards, Eugene.

@JohnKavkaz & @Your Majesty

Interesting. Either of you care to share a photo of the Bangladeshi Super-Max ? Perhaps its a recent manufacturing agreement & it makes me wonder whether manufacturing out of Bulgaria might have ceased. I hope not.

I have used and completed a tube of Super-Max Menthol (made in Bulgaria). Based on my experience, this cream performs just as well, if not better, than some of the well-known & more expensive British creams. IME, it provides better performance than Proraso and Palmolive. I personally rate it very highly. As a result, I'm keen on trying-out other creams that are made in Bulgaria.

Hello! Dear Sir, these are the pictures. I will always be happy to help. Regards, Eugene.
20191028_140033.jpg

Attachments

• 20191028_135920.jpg
    20191028_135920.jpg
    764.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20191028_140003.jpg
    20191028_140003.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
Hello! Dear Sir, these are the pictures. I will always be happy to help. Regards, Eugene.

Thank you for the pics Eugene (Spasibo)

I have not heard or read anything official, but I suspect Super-Max is no longer made in Bulgaria. It used to be made by Fresh-Up Cosmetics, based in Varna. It also appears that there's a lack of availability of the Bulgarian made cream and even Bulgarian's themselves have struggled to find it locally. I'm guessing that manufacturing has moved to Bangladesh.

Maybe a few of our Bulgarian members might be able to shed more light ? Any ideas @Z-2 or @Doubleedge.bg ?

Top Bottom