What's new

SuperMax Blue Diamond Titanium

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I just had my first shave with one of these blades sent to me by rabidus and what a blade...

Double wrapped and no wax on the blade!

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1507.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg

IMG_1509.jpg

IMG_1510.jpg

NEW SC
Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Omega boar

Three pass shave today. I like to go back to basics with a new blade or razor. One pass WTG, one XTG and one ATG. I only needed one clean up pass on my neck and that says a lot for this blade, and razor.

My go to blade is Polsilver, in any razor I've yet used. These blades I found very sharp, at least as sharp as Polsilver but even smoother. Normally with this razor and any blade I've yet had in it, I can feel the blade very easily and I shave a bit more cautiously because of it. With these blades I really had to focus to feel the blade and it tamed the SC to the level of my Brit Rocket while maintaining it's efficiency.

As its only my first shave with it, I cant say it will replace Polsilver for me in this razor, but its sure trying too!

I've only had the pleasure of using one so far for my head shaves. I was able to get 14 smooth BBS head shaves from it flipping the blade over everyday. After a few shaves I order some more. The one I used was given to me. It is indeed a nice blade and only cost about $.07 a blade.

Grab some of the other India made blades, like the Black wrap Gillette blades. There are some mighty fine blades being made in India (some not so good ones too but they are in the minority)

proxy.php

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I've only had the pleasure of using one so far for my head shaves. I was able to get 14 smooth BBS head shaves from it flipping the blade over everyday. After a few shaves I order some more. The one I used was given to me. It is indeed a nice blade and only cost about $.07 a blade.

I really like these blades. Six hours later and still BBS, impressive and thanks for sending them! I'll be buying more.

Grab some of the other India made blades, like the Black wrap Gillette blades. There are some mighty fine blades being made in India (some not so good ones too but they are in the minority)

I have Gillette Black, yellow and green but I've only used one black so far and honestly, after reading everything I have about them, they didnt live up to my expectations. I didnt find them that sharp or very smooth and it took me 6 clean up passes over the trouble spots on my neck to be BBS. After that many passes I had some irritation naturally but no burn. I'm in no hurry to unwrap a second Gillette Black.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
You're welcome!

I haven't used a DE for a couple of weeks now, the SE realm has a tight grip on me.

Yeah I've gathered that and thats one reason why I havent tried the one you sent me. There may be no turning back! lol

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
A minor update to the shave I posted about. 9+ hours before I started to feel growth on my neck and jawline. Thats as good as any shave and blade I've had thus far. Impressive.

Nice review! I'm a huge PolSilver fan so I might have to try the 'Blue Diamonds'. Funny though I like the Indian Black 7 o'clocks. Just goes to show...

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Nice review! I'm a huge PolSilver fan so I might have to try the 'Blue Diamonds'. Funny though I like the Indian Black 7 o'clocks. Just goes to show...

I really wanted to like the Black blade and I'll try them again in another razor and see how they match up.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Another shave with the same blade, flipped, today.

Gillette D2 Flare Tip SS
Stirling Black Cherry - Love this soap, it smells good enough to eat!
Omega boar.

Usual two pass shave, one WTG, one ATG and this time, two clean ups on my neck and another BBS shave.

The blade felt much smoother in the SS than the SC and I honestly dont think I could tell this razor and blade apart from my Brit Rocket with a Polsilver. I might, maybe, feel a slight bit more blade in the Brit, but I wouldnt bet on it! Really nice blades...

What is the difference between Blue Diamond Platinum and Blue Diamond Titanium? I understand one has a coating of Platinum and the other Titanium but in terms of performance is there a difference? I notice that Connaught sells the BD Platinum at 100 blades for 8 GBP and the BD Titanium at 100 for 5 GBP. That is quite a difference in price

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
What is the difference between Blue Diamond Platinum and Blue Diamond Titanium? I understand one has a coating of Platinum and the other Titanium but in terms of performance is there a difference? I notice that Connaught sells the BD Platinum at 100 blades for 8 GBP and the BD Titanium at 100 for 5 GBP. That is quite a difference in price

I have no idea. I only have, and have used, the Titanium sent to me by rabidus but if they're as good as these ones, they're very good indeed.

I've only used the Titanium and they are great. As proven by how nice the Titanium blade is, price doesn't mean anything!

I just bought a few of these blades, if they are anything close to Polsilver Super Iridium I would buy the 100 pack.

I just bought a few of these blades, if they are anything close to Polsilver Super Iridium I would buy the 100 pack.

I have a stash of Polsilver blades, I used one of the Titanium blades for my head shaves, just a few shaves in, and ordered 200 instantly! I got 14 BBS head shaves out of it. I was using SE razors for my face shaves, which is why I haven't used one on my face.

Top Bottom