What's new

Superlather paypal site is in Chinese?

Been lurking for awhile. I am trying to order a set of a/s samples from superlather.com. Store has gotten great reviews on here. I went to pay with paypal and the paypal website is coming up in Chinese characters. I login and it then wants me to confirm my credit card because I have been randomly selected as a security screening. I don't even use my CC for paypal, I have a linked checking account for paypal.

can anyone confirm that superlather's paypal site is supposed to be in chinese? Or am I correct for being a bit suspicious of it? Or is my browser going crazy?

thanks

EDIT: I was using google chrome, tried it with firefox and it worked fine. I look forward to my sample scents!

Last edited:
Stick to firefox. Get these addons for firefox and you will be even safer: WOT (web of trust) and NoScript. WOT let's you know when a site has been reported to have malware/spyware and asks you if you want to proceed before even going to it. Noscript prevents anything from running in the background on a site like popups or those annoying "scan your computer" links. Sites will only run fully if you approve them. I found this worked best for me. Hope this helps!

Welcome to B&B,

I hope it works out for you. Mark carries some great products.

Guess for now you might have to just order by number

Combo# 5 :chinese:

Another possibility is things get scrambled up like that if you are running on a onion server or another variation of a proxy switching server. Those aren't the best idea to use for websites you hope to do business with.

I only saw this tonight and I know it is an old thread but it touches on a subject that never goes out of date--internet security. I'm not surprised that it was Google's chrome browser the OP was using as about this time they also had vulnerabilities in their gmail servers. Vulnerabilities of which they were aware and about which they did absolutely nothing. I'm sure their browser was no exception. I had a gmail account compromised early in 2010 and I haven't used anything google related--apart from their search engine--since then. The PayPal site showing up in Chinese isn't normal--far from it. Somebody recommended Firefox and I second that as you open up a whole new can of worms with IE vulnerabilities and Microsoft's patches ad infinitum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stick to firefox. Get these addons for firefox and you will be even safer: WOT (web of trust) and NoScript. WOT let's you know when a site has been reported to have malware/spyware and asks you if you want to proceed before even going to it. Noscript prevents anything from running in the background on a site like popups or those annoying "scan your computer" links. Sites will only run fully if you approve them. I found this worked best for me. Hope this helps!

+1 on this. Although an older thread! A much needed point for us all to remember!

Top Bottom