What's new

Superior 70 Bay Rum

Has anyone tried this? I was wondering how it smells and feels considering I can't for the life of me find this, either.

Long time favorite of many on the forum.True bay leaf scent,great price,available in many walgreens in the "ethnic" and/or "hispanic" sections,but never shelved in the shaving section.I suspect the menthol and the eucalyptus varieties have been discontinued,haven't seen them in a long time.

Smells great - bay oil and alcohol (but the sting isn't too bad). Not as strong a scent as either Captain's Choice or Dominica, but has a similar scent.

Feels good going on and dries quickly. Alas, the smell doesn't last too long. Works well as a body splash on hot days.

Wedon't have hispanic sections anywhere in Maine as far as I can find. I'd love to try both versions but can't get it anywhere. It's pure bay rum, which is why I'd like to try it.

Wedon't have hispanic sections anywhere in Maine as far as I can find. I'd love to try both versions but can't get it anywhere. It's pure bay rum, which is why I'd like to try it.

walgreens sells it online,but if you want the best,get a bottle of Dominica online,you won't regret it !

See if you have a Sally Beauty Supply nearby. Based upon the scent being nothing but bay leaf oil, the Master Bay Rum they sell at Sally Beauty should be a very similar product. I have not tried, or smelled Superior 70, but Master's is a top notch product. :biggrin1:

Michigan, lasttime I went they told me they didn't stock it anymore (which is a lie) then I saw a few bottles in the window, and told me they were sold. HORRIBLE customer service at Sally's.

Michigan, lasttime I went they told me they didn't stock it anymore (which is a lie) then I saw a few bottles in the window, and told me they were sold. HORRIBLE customer service at Sally's.

Wow, totally different experience than I am used too. They usually treat me really well, as I am one of the few guys who seem to frequent such places. :lol::lol:

hey Zack, this is readily available in spanish supermarkets or beauty stores (and some pharmacies and corner stores we call bodegas). trick to this, my grandpa taught me, is to throw some cloves in there.
Honestly if you want a superb bay rum after shave I can also highly recommend ogallala. sold at west coast shaving and ogallala's online store. Madein the USA- nebraska. great bay rum scent and essential oils that do condition the skin. you just have to shake it rigorously before every use.
(which is why I throw cloves in Superior 70, hell u can drop some aloe gel in there too, (i use the actual aloe cactus leaf sold in mexican supermarkets and use the actual aloe for my homemade homeopathic cough medicine for my family).

want to go on a real stretch? my mom's uncle in the Caribbean used to mix orange tree leaves in the bay rum with cloves and let it sit in the dark for 2 weeks. beautiful smell. (it's dirt cheap down there)

Just wish we could get the $2 stuff here! No Spanish stores, only beauty place is Sally's and they are extremely horrible (not just me saying this, guess it's all around). I even went in and asked for something and they just go "Oh, if it's on the shelf we have it." The other place around here has Stephan's but they won't let me in (not licensed).

Great product if You cant find it in your area you can get it at Shoebox shavehttp://www.shoeboxshaveshop.com/superior-70--bay-r70.html still alot of bayrum bang for your buck even if not $2-3 local , Dominica is also a good Bayrum though $13-17 a bottle . When you get the Superior 70 its in plastic I would recomend switching to a glass bottle. Somewhere in forum they have the label you can print and even put on our glass bottle . Come to think of it I think Molocchio has label .......

Some Superior 70 trivia from Wikipedia. The company that makes Superior 70 has been in business since 1911. It used to make actual rum, but switched to making bay rum during Prohibition.

You can't get everything from Wikipedia... You can actually drink Superior 70, mixed or on the rocks. Those hard prohibition years :w00t:

Well I just got some 70 and to me it smells like gin. I'll try the bootleggers mix and if I don't like it I guess I'm moving on to tonic water.

Man I wish I could get ahold of some Eucalyptus S70. Order S70 Bay Rum from walgreens.com and you get free shipping if you have a $25 order. Order other goodies along with. Get a couple of bottles of the S70. It's great stuff.

Superior 70 is a great bay rum scent, along with Master, but better. At $1.99 at Hispanic grocery stores you can't beat it. Superior 70 and gin have no scent in common.

So can y'all buy Superior 70 online at Walgreens? I tried and it said it was only available in-store. None of my local stores carry it. I tried to get them to special order it and they couldn't do that either.

Top Bottom