What's new

Superior 70 Bay Rum

I agree, TheVez2. I tried a few months ago to order from Walgreens online and it wasn't available.

In North Carolina, we have small independent grocery stores that carry Superior 70 and a Santo Domingo one called Bay Rum Constanza Antiseptico. The Constanza has none of the spicy scents of the typical bay rum, but is a good alcohol splash to treat the face with. I add menthol crystals to it and sometimes a bit of Master or Superior 70. We also have an Hispanic grocery store chain called, Compare, that carries these bay rums, along with Florida Water and other interesting "after shaves".

So can y'all buy Superior 70 online at Walgreens? I tried and it said it was only available in-store. None of my local stores carry it. I tried to get them to special order it and they couldn't do that either.

that was my experience, also. no online ordering, no ordering thru store per the mgr. but many different gins on the shelf of the local package store.

Some Superior 70 trivia from Wikipedia. The company that makes Superior 70 has been in business since 1911. It used to make actual rum, but switched to making bay rum during Prohibition.

Just learned its the same parent company that now make Don Q Rum, my favorite

Ah, the elusive Superior 70! I gave up after trying to find it at about 10 Walgreen's in several towns and had no better luck talking to store managers. I have been told that some larger walgreen's and those with ethnic/Hispanic sections may have it but I have struck out on all counts. I moved on.

I just became aware of this product (thanks to B&B, of course) in the past couple of days.
Considering New York City's very large Puerto Rican community, I had to believe it would be available here.
I tried the Duane Reade (chain owned by Walgreen's) nearest me at home -- and indeed, both the regular and mentholated kinds are in the ethnic/Hispanic section, right next to Florida Water.
The price these days is $4.99 a bottle.

I'm not going to break restraint for this stuff...but when the quarterly restraint ends in March, it's good to know I can get it with little trouble.

I checked the Walgreens (Piscataway, NJ) which carries S70 and they didn't have the mentholated version. The 11.8oz bottle of regular I used to pay $3 for is now $4.50, but still worth it.

I checked Walgreens and CVS and they did not carry it and had never heard of it. The Walgreens website store locator showed the closest stocking store was about 15 miles away. A CVS website searched found nothing.

Thanks for the heads up guys! Checked online and they showed some at a local Walgreens. $3.47 got me a wonderful smelling bay rum aftershave!

My local Walgreens has it for $1.20, and a local Spanish grocery also carries it.
I love the original but didn't care for the mentholated version.

Top Bottom