What's new

Superior 70 Bay Rum @ Walgreen's

So here's the story...

I had a small bottle of Ogallala Bay Rum which I did not like, so I traded with a forum member for a 2oz sample of Popular 70 Bay Rum. (I couldn't find anything online about Popular 70, but I have read a few good things about Superior 70. And the forum member says he believes they are the same thing. Hence, the thread title.)

The Superior (Popular) 70 is a wonderful scent! A very spicy cinnamon bay rum. A very simple, pure, natural smell. (And it's a steal at $1.99/12oz!)

Walgreen's sells it online, but the shipping is almost TRIPLE the product cost. (But still a steal at $7.50/12oz.)

I called the local Walgreen's and spoke to the manager. I asked if he could order it for me to save on the shipping costs. He said there is a store program called E-Commerce where a customer may order any product and have it shipped directly to the store FREE OF CHARGE. (Of course, nobody knows about it. He said in four years he's only used it once!)

So why am I typing? I'm typing to let you know two things:

1. Superior (Popular) 70 is an AMAZING scent! (And only $1.99/12oz!)
2. The shipping is FREE to the local Walgreen's store.

(Okay...that was my good deed for the day.)

Thanks,
Christopher

CJ

A good deed indeed. Thanks for the info; I'm definitely going to take advantage of this money saver as I've been itching to try this aftershave.

thanks again,

thanks for the info on the bay rum... IMO this is a really good find since this is available at walgreens and to top it off this whole ecommerce thing is awesome. Thanks for the heads up!

It's both! (After all, it's an alcohol base splash.) It's alcohol with genuine bay leave oil and other all natural ingredients.

If you read the label on the Dominica Bay Rum aftershave, it says it is used as a postbath body perfume, cosmetic cleaner, astringent, massage lotion, aftershave splash, antiseptic first aid treatment [insect bites, scrapes, minor cuts, sunburn and windburn], scalp tonic, bathwater perfume...

The list of uses is endless. (Again, it's an alcohol base splash.)

And it smells AWESOME!

Me

PS--Tom, see the link above.

Could you explain how to initiate the e-commerce free to store shipping? I went around the website and checkout and I couldn't find anything indicating that I could send an order to the store... I'd really love to try this stuff, so I'm anxious to figure this out.
Thanks!

What kind of bottle does this come in? Glass or plastic? I'm considering having my parents ordering this to their local Walgreen's and then forwarding it on to me. But, if it's glass that option is a little risky.

Could you explain how to initiate the e-commerce free to store shipping? I went around the website and checkout and I couldn't find anything indicating that I could send an order to the store... I'd really love to try this stuff, so I'm anxious to figure this out.
Thanks!

It's an in-store service only. You'll have to speak to the local store manager.

(Oh! And I forgot...the order must be pre-paid in full.)

Me

What kind of bottle does this come in? Glass or plastic? I'm considering having my parents ordering this to their local Walgreen's and then forwarding it on to me. But, if it's glass that option is a little risky.

I'm almost positive it's a plastic bottle.

Me

Sadness.

I drove to the local Walgreen's and spoke to the manager. (I should've known it would end badly when his first comment was a bothered, "I expected you yesterday. We had enough managers on duty to figure this out." Sorry, I replied.)

After a few trips to his office, several prints of online FAQ pages, and countless frustrated scratchings of the head, he decided it could be ordered to the store but I still would be charged the online $5.49 shipping price.

The man had no clue what was going on. (And it didn't seem as though he really cared to figure it out.)

So I must retract my original claim. (Unless one of you have better luck with a more knowledgeable and/or customer-friendly store manager.) It appears the free shipping option is a myth. (Thanks, Mr. Manager.)

I apologize for any hopes I may have lifted.

Christopher

aww pooh pooh.
I might as well spend the $25 and buy myself a few bottles, and get free shipping
at drugstore.com.

Do they sell this at Drugstore.com? I did a search and couldn't find it.
I won't spend $50 at Walgreens to qualify for free shipping just to try this stuff. I guess I'll keep my eyes open and see if this turns up on a store shelf somewhere.

Although I am way disappointed with this whole free shipping fiasco, I must admit that $7.98 shipped is an excellent deal.

(I am sad still.)

Me

Top Bottom