What's new

Superior 70 Bay Rum testing

Retry later in the day. Bonney's Bay Rum lasts about 1 1/2 hours, maybe a bit longer. There's really no rum component to the aroma at all, maybe some added "depth" to the bay? Next batch might add some vanilla extract (perhaps even rum extract) and see if I can boost the complexity of the scent. Will also try adding some glycerin - see what that does.
But I'm pretty happy with the stuff.

Haven't forgotten about my Sup 70 test. Just been so happy with my 7 1/2 oz bottle of mix that I'm just running with it.

Also, used some of the Superior 70 straight on my sore knee area after a 2 mile walk. Gotta say it did feel better. Didn't believe it from the internet but dang, it did seem to reduce the soreness. Then read on an essential oil website that bay oil is used medicinally for sore muscles. I'll definitely be buying more of it.

Did some more mixtures using the Superior 70 and got some interesting results. The stuff is really versatile, even helps after you've been working up a sweat.

The stuff is really versatile, even helps after you've been working up a sweat.

When I bought the ingredients for the Bootlegger's Bay Rum, I tested each of the bottles separately. I was kind of shocked to find that I like S70 the best. And I have noticed myself that it is a refreshing splash in the summer when you're sweaty/grimy from working outside. A little splash across the neck, and it feels great.

I only tried it because I had used it in the morning, then did some yard work for a little while. I wasn't grimed up enough to take a shower and it was too early in the day, so I just re-applied the Sup 70 to freshen up. Didn't do half bad.

Haven't forgotten about my Sup 70 test. Just been so happy with my 7 1/2 oz bottle of mix that I'm just running with it.

Also, used some of the Superior 70 straight on my sore knee area after a 2 mile walk. Gotta say it did feel better. Didn't believe it from the internet but dang, it did seem to reduce the soreness. Then read on an essential oil website that bay oil is used medicinally for sore muscles. I'll definitely be buying more of it.

This is even better as a body rub.

Superior 70 Mentholated Alcohol 12 oz - Pharmapacks

OK, I think I nailed it! Mixed up a mixture of 1 part Avon Tribute and 4 parts Superior 70. To my nose the high note is a very nice vanilla! Totally surprised at that. I don't know if there's vanilla/tonka bean in the Tribute, but the bitter orange doesn't come through at all. Just a very mild spiciness along with vanilla.
And then the Bay of the Sup 70 comes through, and it settles down to a very satisfying vanilla/bay aroma. Since rum (with it's sugars) tends to smell caramel-vanilla like, this mixture of mine falls perfectly into that scent spot. And by both components being alcohol based, the aroma isn't watered down any in the mixture, so I should get decent longevity (might add some glycerin for smoothness and added stay).

Top Bottom