What's new

Super Speeds - How do you remove the endcaps?

I have a few SS's from the 50's, and one is perfect except for the endcaps. They are pretty deeply scratched...somehow. I have another that I'm going to PIF, that's in OKish shape, but the endcaps are PERFECT. They are from the same year (different quarters though, but so what...), and I was thinking of just swapping the caps on them. I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this without damaging the razors or the caps...any thoughts/ideas from you restorers and tinkerers would be welcome. Thanks in advance!

I have a few SS's from the 50's, and one is perfect except for the endcaps. They are pretty deeply scratched...somehow. I have another that I'm going to PIF, that's in OKish shape, but the endcaps are PERFECT. They are from the same year (different quarters though, but so what...), and I was thinking of just swapping the caps on them. I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this without damaging the razors or the caps...any thoughts/ideas from you restorers and tinkerers would be welcome. Thanks in advance!

They are soldered on heat them with a candle and they'll drop off, or you might need to grip them with tweezers while heating them.
I use epoxy to put them back on after I've clean off the excess solder.

Top Bottom