What's new

Super speed revisited

Never had a blue, red or uncolored tip but enjoy my 52' SS. It just gives a nice, close smooth shave without any bloodletting or burn.

When I started DE shaving several years ago I bought several birth year super speeds. 1960 flare tips. I liked them but eventually moved on. I had kind of come to the conclusion that I preferred 3 piece razors.

Then a few days ago I broke out a super speed. I was amazed at the shave. Seriously one of my best ever. This is a really underrated razor. One that I need to use more often.
I couldn't agree more super speed is among my favorites.:001_cool:

Just recently went back to my late 40’s notched SS. What a smooth shaver. I really enjoy this razor. No frills, light weight, smooth shave. I don’t know why the trend is toward heavy stainless razors. I prefer the light weight of the old razors.

I shaved my son with the super speed last night. He’s 14 yrs old and still learning. He was shocked when I told him the razor is from the 40’s. He thought I meant the design was that old. I clarified and told him the razor is vintage. He appreciated shaving with a razor that is older than his grandfather.

Just recently went back to my late 40’s notched SS. What a smooth shaver. I really enjoy this razor. No frills, light weight, smooth shave. I don’t know why the trend is toward heavy stainless razors. I prefer the light weight of the old razors.

I shaved my son with the super speed last night. He’s 14 yrs old and still learning. He was shocked when I told him the razor is from the 40’s. He thought I meant the design was that old. I clarified and told him the razor is vintage. He appreciated shaving with a razor that is older than his grandfather.
You couldn't teach him how to shave with it himself, I remember shaving at 14 years old myself, although that was wit a bic plastic razor.

Last night was 101 - showing him prep and technique.

Next shave he’s in his own. He’s got a feather popular razor to get him going.

I have had some girlfriends with kids, none of my own. I know where to start with a teenager or young adult. Is a feather popular. If the interests are in my collection!

Top Bottom