What's new

Super Speed PIF

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Just wrapped a PIF so time to put up another one. Up for grabs is a Red Tip Super Speed. First to correctly guess the date code takes it.

For our newer members or those that may not be familiar with vintage Gillette razors these flair tips (Red and Blue) were in production from 1955 to 1959 (Gillette stopped producing them once the FatBoy came to market). It is a twist to open razor and the more aggressive of the super speeds. It's a great shaver and a nice little piece of history.

So possible date codes consist of the year, represented by a letter-

A = 1955
B = 1956
C = 1957
D = 1958
E = 1959

Followed by a number 1-4, representing the quarter of the year.

So that's it, I need an "I'm in" and a date code. CONUS only, please. Members in good standing with let's say a minimum of 50 posts.

The razor is in pretty darn good condition and free is less than $1.29 it would've cost you new.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Not in, though I've never tried one. I'm waiting on a Z3 someday. The Wild is a jungle out there!

Good luck to the entrants. And you are the man @Chef455 !

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Not in; I already have one. But great PIF. Whoever gets it is getting a really great razor.

The Red Tip is a very nice razor, thank you for your generosity, sir. I would like to see this go to someone that hasn’t had the pleasure of shaving with a Red Tip before. Respectfully, not in.

Top Bottom