What's new

SUPER - MAX SUPER STAINLESS

5 test shaves revealed this blade to be absolutely excellent in every respect . Extremely smooth and close , zero irritation even with many passes over rough spots. 5 different razors 5 different soaps . Last shave as smooth as the first shave . I would rate this blade on par with the TREET 7 DAY blades, which IMHO are Treet's best blade.
IMG_0916.JPG
IMG_0914.JPG
IMG_0909.JPG

Any difference between these and those of the same name that come in the blue packaging? Appears to be the same manufacturer.
The first Super-Max blades I bought ( in Tanzania !! ) were amongst the smoothest I ever used, and these same blades are still in my rotation after 14 years. These had the original "hologram " circle design on the box . If you are speaking of the Vidyut Super-Max in the blue wrapper I have to say all Vidyut blades I have tried are sub par .
51dz9XQjaBL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
Screenshot 2023-04-21 103039.jpg
Screenshot 2023-04-21 103003.jpg

The first Super-Max blades I bought ( in Tanzania !! ) were amongst the smoothest I ever used, and these same blades are still in my rotation after 14 years. These had the original "hologram " circle design on the box . If you are speaking of the Vidyut Super-Max in the blue wrapper I have to say all Vidyut blades I have tried are sub par .View attachment 1642023View attachment 1642024View attachment 1642025

Although they may not be my favorite blade, the Vidyut Super Max Super Stainless blades are not a bad blade.

They come in a bulk pack of 20-tucks of 10 blades each and are selling on Amazon for $10. At 5-cents for each blade, they are not a bad blade or a bad deal at all.

proxy.php

Hard to find any blade at this price and in this quantity. I have gotten some good shaves from this blade for only a nickel a week! They are basically half the price of the ones in the Green Package.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Although they may not be my favorite blade, the Vidyut Super Max Super Stainless blades are not a bad blade.

They come in a bulk pack of 20-tucks of 10 blades each and are selling on Amazon for $10. At 5-cents for each blade, they are not a bad blade or a bad deal at all.

proxy.php

Hard to find any blade at this price and in this quantity. I have gotten some good shaves from this blade for only a nickel a week! They are basically half the price of the ones in the Green Package.

proxy.php
These were really bad blades for me:
lames141-super-max-stainless-7.jpg

I like some of the Supermax blades above, but I find them incredibly razor sensitive. The Vidyut Stainless seemed to be great in a few modern razors but awful in my vintage Gillettes.

The Green Super Stainless is supposed to be one of the best though.

Can't help but comment in this thread. Especially since I have used all the Super-Max blades shown above (and a couple more.)

Let me clarify. All Super-Max blades are manufactured by Vidyut Metallics. Whether you see the Vidyut name printed on them or not.

The green Super Stainless shown in the original post are the new packaging. A few years ago it was slightly different. Have tried both and there is no change. They don't work for me. Too mild. Even in Ming Shi 2000s @6 the results are worse than DFS.

The Blue Super Stainless in the 200pcs pillar are the same as the Brown-and-yellow Vidyut Super-Max Stainless in post #10. The Blue is for export. Inside the blade is the same (says Super-Max Stainless) and shaves the same. Have used many of both. There is also a third type of packaging for that blade that seems to have disappeared currently. I like those blades very much (have 250 of the blue and 700 of the brown-yellow), but they will only work in very aggressive razors. Futur, Progress, Ming Shi 2000s on the highest settings.

The Blue Diamond is the most hyped blade here on the forum, but for me it is only so-so.

I shaved with the Super-Max Super Stainless for the 4th week of this year. My comments were:

"Week 8 Ends: Blade is a Super-Max Super Stainless.

Stayed sharp for the week."

Hard to top this for a 5-cent blade that gave me a full week's worth of shaves. I did find it dulling by the final shave. While I could have maybe extended it for another day or two, I did completely retire it.

It proved to be a good soldier and completed its term of enlistment.

The Blue Super Stainless in the 200pcs pillar are the same as the Brown-and-yellow Vidyut Super-Max Stainless in post #10. The Blue is for export. Inside the blade is the same (says Super-Max Stainless) and shaves the same.

Good to know! I suspect that many blades reflect differences in packaging and are in-fact the same blades.

Super-Max and Treet are notable for their blade "variety"...

Excellent review!! Looks like I ‘need’ to revisit these blades!! :thumbup1::thumbup1:

Honestly, in these days of extraordinary inflation, to still be able to get really super low prices on decent razor blades are a nice thing indeed.

For 6 and 7 cents each, the Indian Wilkinson Sword, the Super-Max Super Stainless and the Dorco ST300's are very decent DE blades at ridiculously cheap prices.

Compare them to cartridges that cost several dollars each!

Can't help but comment in this thread. Especially since I have used all the Super-Max blades shown above (and a couple more.)

Let me clarify. All Super-Max blades are manufactured by Vidyut Metallics. Whether you see the Vidyut name printed on them or not.

The green Super Stainless shown in the original post are the new packaging. A few years ago it was slightly different. Have tried both and there is no change. They don't work for me. Too mild. Even in Ming Shi 2000s @6 the results are worse than DFS.

The Blue Super Stainless in the 200pcs pillar are the same as the Brown-and-yellow Vidyut Super-Max Stainless in post #10. The Blue is for export. Inside the blade is the same (says Super-Max Stainless) and shaves the same. Have used many of both. There is also a third type of packaging for that blade that seems to have disappeared currently. I like those blades very much (have 250 of the blue and 700 of the brown-yellow), but they will only work in very aggressive razors. Futur, Progress, Ming Shi 2000s on the highest settings.

The Blue Diamond is the most hyped blade here on the forum, but for me it is only so-so.
Thank you, @ivan_101, for this information. I was wondering about this. Early on, I purchased a sampler pack that had a few Vidyut branded blades (no mention of Super-Max) and some Super-Max (without any reference to Vidyut). I must have gotten it in my head that these came from 2 different manufacturers. I did NOT like the Vidyut branded blades, but I did like the Super-Max.

5 test shaves revealed this blade to be absolutely excellent in every respect . Extremely smooth and close , zero irritation even with many passes over rough spots. 5 different razors 5 different soaps . Last shave as smooth as the first shave . I would rate this blade on par with the TREET 7 DAY blades, which IMHO are Treet's best blade.View attachment 1641378View attachment 1641379View attachment 1641380

I'm pretty sure I've seen several Super Max Stainless packaging changes over the years. Not sure if the blades are different, but I think I have some that have orange and green tucks and some that say "Super Stainless Green." I haven't used them in a long time but I must have liked them as I bought a 100 pack.

Top Bottom