What's new

Super Max Platinum: Not Zorrik Super Platinum

About 3 weeks ago, I test drove the Zorrik Super Platinum in different razors. When I was posting about it, someone suggested that since they are made by the same manufacturer, that the ZSP is a repackaged Super Max Platinum.

Since it is possible, today I tried out s Super Max. Used the same razor as I did when first trying out the ZPL; my Ming Shi Futur Clone. The settings, 2.5 for WTG, 4 for the ATG, 5.5 for XTG. I used a Palmolive Stick Soap for the shave.

Was disappointed with the Super Max as I made the WTG pass. The blade was comfortable, but not as sharp. It didn't clean my face as well as the ZPL. I went with a deeper setting for the ATG, and still wasn't getting as good as a result. Worse, I got something with the Super Max that I hadn't got with the Zorrik... weepers.

At this point when I shaved with the ZPL I only had only a quick XTG to do to achieve a BBS. With the Super Max, I wasn't close to a DFS. It took about 5 passes, and a couple of more weepers, and a little irritation, I got an acceptable DFS.

To me, the Zorrik Super Platinum is a much better blade. I got 8 shaves out of the 1 blade, that were mostly BBS without working to hard. I will try the Super Max again. Maybe the blade was a dud, and will try it in my other razors as well. Just wasn't a good first run.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

I received several tucks of the SuperMax Platinums with several razor purchases. I got through the first tuck but did not like them and won’t be using the next 2 tucks. I would be happy to send a tuck to each of the first 2 people who message me.

Yesterday, I shaved with a fresh Zorrik Super Platinum in my Weishi razor. First time I've used that blade & razor combo, after test driving the Zorrik in my Ming Shi FC, '65 Slim, Schick Krona, & Junjie 3 piece.
In those razors, nothing but clean & easy BBS. In the Weishi, the same result. Such a great shave, I don't have to shave today.

So far I've only tried the Super Max in my Ming Shi FC. Want to see if it does better in the others, but have had the best results with my FC since I got it. There are blades I hated & tried in the FC that did much better then in other razors. The Super Max was nowhere near as smooth or comfortable as the Zorrik. Had to work to get a DFS, but irritated under the neck all day.

I'm going to retry it sometime in the next couple of weeks, but there is no way the Zorrik is just a repackaged Super Max. Too much of a difference in the overall performance between the two. The Zorrik felt sharper & shaved smoother, cleaner & more comfortable.

I have found a big difference between the Supermax Super Platinum and the Supermax Platinum, with the Super Platinum being the superior blade.
To me, the Supermax Super Platinums feel sharper and smoother than Astra sp. The Supermax Platinum is very similar to an India Wilkie. I don't think I could tell a Supermax Platinum and an India Wilkie apart in a blind test.
Your comments regarding the Zorrik blade describe the performance of the Supermax Super Platinum moreso than the Supermax Platinum blades.
As usual, your mileage will vary.

I have found a big difference between the Supermax Super Platinum and the Supermax Platinum, with the Super Platinum being the superior blade.
To me, the Supermax Super Platinums feel sharper and smoother than Astra sp. The Supermax Platinum is very similar to an India Wilkie. I don't think I could tell a Supermax Platinum and an India Wilkie apart in a blind test.
Your comments regarding the Zorrik blade describe the performance of the Supermax Super Platinum moreso than the Supermax Platinum blades.
As usual, your mileage will vary.
Having tried the Indian Wilkinson/Gillette a long time ago, IMHO...I wouldn't give you a plugged nickel for one.
It's not a terrible blade, but I classify as a "NBFD" blade. NBFD = No Big F@#$!¥£ Deal. It's the same way I feel about the SuperMax Platinum.
Where as the Zorrik might just replace the Rapira Platinum Lux as my overall favorite.

Top Bottom