What's new

Super Iridium

I am BLOWN away by this blade - I finally tossed it today after no less than NINE days!!! I have NEVER had a blade stay so sharp and comfortable before.

I bought a second batch of 200 of them from WCS, and now have just under 300 blades. At nine days per, thats 2700 days!!!! I should be able to use these for almost 7 1/2 years!!!

These are a top-notch blade.

Barry

Glad you like them. I find them to be one of the best blades that are currently manufactured and they are in the Top 5 for me.

For some reason, Super Iridiums don't get along with my face, no matter which razor I use them in. I don't know why that kind of bums me out - probably because they get such high praise here I feel like I'm missing out on something.

I've got the a similar issue with Astra SPs, though the problem with those blades is that it seems like only two out of every pack of five give me good shaves.

I just tried the Iridium Super Platinums today and WOW - I am really impressed so far. I've only tried about 8-10 blades and have really only liked Sharks SC of those (Astra SP were ok).

After trying these though - I know now what all the hype is about. I'm thinking from now on the only blades I should try that I haven't are Red PAcks, Crystals, Feathers, and Gillette Yellows. I know at least that the Super platinums can be my go to blade now.

I just tried the Iridium Super Platinums today and WOW - I am really impressed so far. I've only tried about 8-10 blades and have really only liked Sharks SC of those (Astra SP were ok).

After trying these though - I know now what all the hype is about. I'm thinking from now on the only blades I should try that I haven't are Red PAcks, Crystals, Feathers, and Gillette Yellows. I know at least that the Super platinums can be my go to blade now.

I have a Iridium Super waiting to be used trying the Treet first and and waiting on the sharks to get here. Trying the second shave with the Treet was really hoping they where like thier single edge counterpart :thumbdown

Iridiums are my second favorite blade. They're very, very good, but don't give me the effortless glide that the Feather does.

This is not to say that the iridium is a bad blade. I'm probably going to put down an order of 100 of them in teh near future.

Super Iridiums are absolutely great!
They are the best blades for me..
I got 6 shaves from my last Iridium blade. I guess I could have got at least 2 extra shaves.
I have nothing to compare it.
Feather blades are sharper, but they only are good for 2 shaves. And they tent to bite from time to time.. I can't rely on Feathers like I can on Iridiums.

bman40,

I find that the Russian blades Gillette 7'o Clock, Iridium Super and Astra, are all top notch.

The Iridiums are one of my two (2) most favourite blades; the other is the Feather :001_smile

I am happy that you find them good as well !

Have fun !

Best regards

Russ

Just tried the Super Iridium and it was outstanding for me. The only blade I have enjoyed this much was the Astra, not sure which I would say would be a clear winner for me.

well, for soem reason, guessing technique, the Iridiums irritate the hell out of me on SOME hsves and do good on others:blushing:

the most they lasted was 3 shaves (I shave head and face) while a Derby has done 2 shaves only, the shaves have been a more consistent (less cuts) and pretty decent.

swtiching from derby to the Super tonight, hope it goes well, its got to be my lack of technique that gets me irritated on some of the shaves with the super.

I've just used one of these blades for the first time. I believed that I'd found the perfect blade in Feathers, and I've been using them exclusively for months, but thought I'd give the Iridium a try this morning. It seems like it's an amazing blade -- I had an incredibly smooth, irritation-free shave -- and it doesn't have, as others have noted, the harshness of a Feather, especially on the first shave. Very promising indeed.

GK

Top Bottom