What's new

Super Gillette Blue Blades from China

The R in a circle is usually for designating a 'Registered Trademark'. I am not sure about the "Genuine Stainless Blades" phrase as I didn't really notice it.

The crown has special meaning in Thailand - they all love the Kind of Thailand over there. He is a big figure in society and commands respect from the entire nation. While it is not like the English 'By Royal Appointment' seal, it will invoke those feelings in the Thai people.

I really believe that these are a completely new branding that RunWei (or customer) has devised for the Thai market, based on a colour change of the Chinese Super Blue packaging. They can sell these blades into Thailand cheaply which fills the hole in the market now that Gillette does not distribute the Superthin double-edge blades there any longer.

The big issue is the cardboard has cracked and is peeling back from the corners of the box. They are also not glued well, nor square. All the same issues found with the Fakeidiums about 4 years ago, and also the FakeRubies which I disclosed to the wetshaving community approximately 3 years ago. This suggests that the origin of these blades is exactly the same and therefore they are fakes.

I was able to try some genuine Chinese Super Blue blades which did not exhibit the issues in packaging. They shaved acceptably but nothing special.

The big issue is the cardboard has cracked and is peeling back from the corners of the box. They are also not glued well, nor square. All the same issues found with the Fakeidiums about 4 years ago, and also the FakeRubies which I disclosed to the wetshaving community approximately 3 years ago. This suggests that the origin of these blades is exactly the same and therefore they are fakes. <<snippet>>

The poor quality packaging for the blade boxes looks doubtful and is more obvious than anything else. So yes, it&#8217;s a valid claim since the quality of the packaging is atypical of other Gillette blades, and the graphics are just minor curiosities at this point. I was not meaning to muddy the waters.

my brother brought some back from China a few years ago and they are hands down the best blade I've ever used. they are superb. I only wish I knew where to get genuine ones from.... I'm down to about 8 blades left!

(as a point of reference, they're very similar Astra Super Platinum)

The interesting thing about Gillette Blue Blades is that it makes no difference if they're fake or not. The quality is so abysmal that, on an absolute scale of crappiness, they're a definitive low.

I've tried the "authentic" Gillette Blue blades. Given that there are so many really good blades out there, I can take my business elsewhere without guilt.

A couple of us in this thread think that the genuine ones perform similarly to Astras, so not abysmal at all.

Interesting that since the thread started a couple of years ago, these blades are openly selling on eBay as Chinese manufactured Gillette Blue Stainless blades for around US$36. I have no idea why anyone would buy them at anything like that price.

Another interesting version on eBay is these which appear to have a pidgin English message ? for the PNG market. They are otherwise identical to the genuine Chinese Gillette Blue blades.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/100-pcs-...ine-product-/272007472696?hash=item3f54e8a638

I bought a pack From a local beauty market shop in Greece.I am pretty sure that i have gotten the genuine super gillette blue blades made in Shanghai.
It was a very very good blade that reminded me personna platinum red pack or astra suoerior platinum blades.
Quite sharp and very smooth.I used a mild razor and the blade gave me the impression that in more agressive razor i could shine as well or even better.
Fyi the cost per pack was 2.5&#8364;.

I was kind of hoping that somewhere out there were genuine Gillette blue carbon-steel blades being made. These are all stainless. Oh well! Treet Black's don't come close to what I remember Super Blues were like to shave with.

Received a couple of free tucks with a razor I ordered, decided to try one out the other night in my fatboy. Dreadful blade, only had a day & a bit worth of stubble, couldn't even finish a few strokes and to pull it out & change it for a new Rapira SSS. I'm pretty sure they were fakes but as the were free no money lost.

proxy.php

MAaannn. This is one of the WORST blades I've used in quite some time. It seems like China = VERY bad blade. without fail. Just awful. I spent a good bit of time tracking this blade down, and it's definitely out of my system now. Wowza. TERRIBLE.

Top Bottom