What's new

Super ear hair removal device

s-l1600.jpg

You can get this at Amazon, Lowes, ebay etc. Under $10.

If you are like me you hate trying to find the hair in your ears and clipping or worse pulling it out. If you pull it out it stays clear or shorter in your ears longer than clipping. So I was beyond tired of looking in the mirror and fishing around for those pesky hairs, also the regular tweezers would bite sometimes, including the slant eyebrow tweezers.
Outer-ear.png

I thought about it and looked for a rounded wide tweezer and settled on this even though it has no connection with grooming that I know of. I just got this sucker today and took maybe 8 short hairs and one half inch long one out of my ears WITHOUT A MIRROR, while browsing the internet. I know where most of the hairs are going to be and go there but also use my fingers to feel for them and then just random closing the tweezers all around the ear.

You can go into the ear canal of course and grab what is there but you can also gently grab the various parts of the ear that commonly have hair sprouting out of it, tragus and antitragus being two that are a problem with me, but they are everywhere really. Grab the ear gently and pull outward till the tweezer closes, hopefully on a hair. Angle of the tweezer can be changed so going sideways with the tweezer increases surface area to help catch the hairs even faster.

This tweezer locks tight over a wide area like 9 x 16 mm which makes finding hairs easy. A blind man could use this effectively and I mean that. I am getting closer to that as days go by. hehe I am gonna get a second one just in case for myself and then some more for xmas gifts. I can hear it now: "Oh joy ear hair tweezers!!"

Using a cotton ball on fire is another good one but plucking the hairs will last a bit longer. Electrolysis or laser I am not sure on. I have so many hairs I am not sure if they could find them all or how effective those methods really are.

I don't know, I'm not a plucker (reminds me of the tongue twister "I'm not a pheasant plucker, I'm the pheasant plucker's son..."). I use a very cheap, battery operated ear and nose hair trimmer which does the trick once every couple of months.

I do not think I am ready for a Bic flick to the ear but maybe? I think that would not do as well as my tweezers but quicker for sure. I like that when pulled out the hair takes a long time to reappear. I was content with an electric trimmer till I pulled all these damn hairs out with these tweezers. Now I realize what a jungle was in there.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
No lie, I use a Knipex channel lock pliers. The teeth grab the hairs and I rip 'em out.

I do like the Bic lighter idea though!

No lie, I use a Knipex channel lock pliers. The teeth grab the hairs and I rip 'em out.

I do like the Bic lighter idea though!

They (I'm assuming you mean the small one) also make a great bottle opener. Grab the edge of the cap and pry it off!

Top Bottom