What's new

super badger or silvertip???

Hi all, I'm trying to find out if i paid for a silvertip rooney and got a super badger instead, or if rooney's silvertip brush comes marked on the handle as "super badger". Can antone shed some light on this for me??? Thanks, Charley Schneider.

Hi Charley (and welcome to B&B)!

I don't yet have any experience with Rooney brushes. However, I do remember that the tortoise handled QED/Saville Row brushes said "best badger" on them when they were indeed super badger. When I purchased one of these brushes, I had the exact same question as yours.

I e-mailed Charles about this and he was very clear that it was a 'quirk' with the brand, and reassured me that it was indeed super badger. This was quite a while ago, so I'm sure I'm skipping some details...

Perhaps send an e-mail to Classic Shaving and ask? That's what I would do.

Personally, I've gotten to the point where I don't even care what the bristle is labeled. I know that it's a sliding scale (at best) based on each person's criterion.

I just know what I like on my face and that usually seems to be "best badger." I don't have a hard time staying with that type of bristle based on how much I like it (and the substantially lower price!).

Hello Charley,

As far as I know Rooney brushes are available in "Finest", "Super" and "Best".

Super is often describeed as Silvertip, prehaps this is the confusion.

Regards, Robert

english_barber said:
Hello Charley,

As far as I know Rooney brushes are available in "Finest", "Super" and "Best".

Super is often describeed as Silvertip, prehaps this is the confusion.

Regards, Robert
Rooney does have "Finest", "Super" and "Best and also silvertip

S

Sam

He may be referring to what is printed on the handle. Like a Kent BK does not say "silvertip" or "super" but, as I recall, it said "pure badger"

Sam

Top Bottom