What's new

Suntory Whisky - Toki

Awesome Japanese Whisky. Priced right too.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Used to be a dyed-in-wool Islay single malt scotch guy (Laphroaig, Lagavulin) but this stuff has won me over.

It's alright. Given what's happening in the Japanese whisky biz right now, I would recommend you stock up on any Age stated bottles that strike your fancy before they all disappear. Going to be at least a decade or so before they come back. What will be coming out of Japan will be, thanks to their lax regs, of dubious provenance.

This was my first Japanese whisky and I was impressed as well. A bit sweet but very smooth. It went down really nice, and fast. Too fast.
Will definitely buy again.

Never had the above bottle, but it is everywhere around me for I believe the 40ish dollar range. I really enjoy Japanese whisky, but not at the current prices. Nikka by the Barrel is fantastic and only about 60 bucks. Sometimes not easy to come by though..

Japanese whisky getting nearly impossbile to find anymore. I was able to find a bottle of Nikka Coffey Grain a while back...so good. Finding anything with an age statement nearly impossible now days as the Chinese investors have snapped most of it up.

Toki is an interesting beast. Easy drinking and made for mixing. In Japan you will often see it dispensed on tap like beer and mixed with slush/ice right from the dispenser.

Top Bottom