What's new

Sunscreen

Okay, I couldn't decide which forum to place this under so "general" it is...pre-apology for the brokeness of my thoughts, it has been a long day.
1. I have been searching for the perfect sunscreen to use when golfing, going to the lake, etc. I have usually stuck to neutrogena with good results except "mildly" breaking out afterwards. I tried a sample of the menscience sunscreen when I headed out to the links this week and have since had some problem with breaking out as well. Anyone out there with similar experiences and suggestions? Also, I seem to have heard something about suncreens in Europe containing ingredients that are not in American products. I will try to find the ingredient, but I think the company LaRoche was recommended by a derm I spoke with. Anyone use any of the non-American products?
2. A possible confounding factor in my breakouts is that I used a dull blade two days ago and it caused me quite a bit of irritation on my neck and I also have the current break out as above (basically over the cheeks and minimally over the forehead). The blade was replaced today and there was still residual irritation. Link with using sunscreen today while fishing? I don't know.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Do they have an spf infinity? That's what I require.:mad:

I get a sunburn when I open the refridgerator.:001_rolle

ouch said:
Do they have an spf infinity? That's what I require.:mad:

I get a sunburn when I open the refridgerator.:001_rolle

Same here; my problem is that I haven't found an oil-free sunblock with a spf over 45. I end up having to use "baby" sunblocks, but those are usually rather oily and cause one to break out easier. I was giddy when they came out with spf 70 when I was in high school, but that was some nasty oily stuff.

You might want to try using some lotions that have sunscreen in them rather than an all-out sunblock. I've used (I think it was Lubriderm brand) lotion with spf 15. Since it felt more like a regular lotion than a sunblock, it was mild. Although this would probably wouldn't be nearly enough protection if you are staying outside for a while.

You might want to try a mineral block. One of the most ingenious full coverage mineral blocks is a powder you apply with a brush and made by http://www.colorescience.com. The product is called "sunforgettable." I use this daily and it's great. I wait until my a/s balm/moisturizer dries and then just brush it on. I cannot even tell it is their it is so light weight.

Chris

Myself, I have a swarthy, olive, Mediterranean-like skin color (and I come from Poland) that turns extremely dark when I go in the sun. However, I use Biotherm sunscreen.

Jeff

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
crackstar said:
Myself, I have a swarthy, olive, Mediterranean-like skin color (and I come from Poland) that turns extremely dark when I go in the sun. However, I use Biotherm sunscreen.

Jeff

Admit it, Jeff. You're just waiting for Arko sunscreen.

I just went to wearing a panama hat now. In addition to that I use the Wal-mart brand of "oil of olay" for oily skin. It is a spf15 and usually does the trick for me, since I am out in the sun a bit.

Just an idea for you all.

mark tssb

Top Bottom