What's new

Sunscreen during your post-shave routine?

My wife wants me to start adding sunscreen after my morning shave, so she bought me CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing with sunscreen.

After my shave, I do the cold water rinse, alum block and some witch hazel. And now I'm trying to figure out the next best steps. I know MMMV, but curious as to what you guys do next.

Do you guys apply sunscreen like CeraVe after your alum/witch hazel? Then do you sill use some AS splash after applying sunscreen? Balm? Star Jelly? Or other type of sunscreen?

I still want to smell good AND use sunscreen! lol

I use the same CeraVe product during the summer and/or when I know I'll be outside for a long time, otherwise I use the PM moisturizer. Not just after shaving but after every shower.
As for post-shave, I do warm water -> cold water -> After Shave -> moisturizer. Applying the moisturizer before the AS won't make any sense because the alcohol in the AS dries out the skin so you want to rehydrate it afterwards. And the AS will probably wash away the moisturizer anyway. The scent of your AS will still be present after applying a moisturizer, in fact moisturized skin "holds on" to a fragrance better than dried out skin.
Everything I just said applies to AS with alcohol, balms might be a different thing but I don't use em.

My wife wants me to start adding sunscreen after my morning shave, so she bought me CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing with sunscreen.

After my shave, I do the cold water rinse, alum block and some witch hazel. And now I'm trying to figure out the next best steps. I know MMMV, but curious as to what you guys do next.

Do you guys apply sunscreen like CeraVe after your alum/witch hazel? Then do you sill use some AS splash after applying sunscreen? Balm? Star Jelly? Or other type of sunscreen?

I still want to smell good AND use sunscreen! lol

sir shavetrooper, i can only suggest to add the sunscreen as final step.
if you used fragrance before that step, don't worry, you'll still smell great!
at times i've used a shea butter moisturizer, but as a final step!

noxzema friedellko simpson institut karite truefitt hill trafalgar may 29 2016.jpg

Your Sunprotection should be the final step in your routine. It is supposed to be a protective layer ;)

Use an EdP oder EDT if you want to smell good, that’s NOT the job of an aftershave product. :)

Hi, Shavetrooper! Have you considered trying something of this kind: Real Shaving Co Age Denying SPF15 Moisturiser? I do use it, as a final step, after the AS splash, in summer time. Is it a great product - most probably no, but still offers some decent combination of anti-ageing ingredients and UVA and UVB filters. Greetings!

Top Bottom