What's new

Sunken Treasure

So this thing looks like it was found on Chester Copperpots ship amongst all his treasure. It has some "imperfections" and hand tooled look (because it is I beleive) that give it a wonderful old world charm and character. I am about to take an adventure on the seas with the Captain's Choice copper lather bowl and a sample of his land ho cream and Nor'easter after shave. Stay tuned for the results.....

Attachments

• 20201207_182519.jpg
    20201207_182519.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 35
The bowl, fits my hand nicely. Has enough heft to it to feel like it has some control but not like you are gonna get tired of holding it. Thumb divet for grip. Ridges in the bottom for easy lathering. As I mentioned earlier ITS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. The bowl is shallow so most any brush should reach the bottom no problem, no clinky clinky, no soapy fingers. It is big enough that you can work the lather on one side and let it build on the other and/or go round and round. I have the ceramic sandstorm bowl. Very similar performance. Both beautiful. Either one an excellent choice.

Attachments

• 20201207_195702.jpg
    20201207_195702.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 15
The soap, or cream, croap? IDK. Says soap. It is soft like butter left on the counter top. Go easy. I used about half an almond. Quite a bit of water. Little at a time. It worked up a lather very quickly. How ever to me a little airy. So do not quit here. Keep stirring. Not whipping. Just keep working it gently and the air comes out and it thickens up nicely. The scent is there. Not overpowering. Pleasant enough to enjoy while you shave but it is not going to interfere with your AS or be offensive to anyone. As you see, I use a SR. This soap gave me plenty of slickness and protection for a very nice shave. Face felt great after. Clean and nourished feeling.

Attachments

• 20201207_193850.jpg
    20201207_193850.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
  • 20201207_193929.jpg
    20201207_193929.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 5
Now, the Nor'easter. Where to start? This stuff is just the right amount of cold. Not burn, not sting, just nice and fresh cold. As it dries some you are taken over by a very pleasant scent. No idea what to relate it to as I am not expert sniffer. It is just awesome ok? That is all I know how to describe it.

I should have mentioned earlier, most noteably on the soap, that I am no conissuer of croap. Or AS. Or anything. You can take that as good or bad. I see it as, even if you are an amatuer like me, you can make these products perform and enjoy them.

So my face feels aweaome. My demeanor is chill and relaxed. I habe thoroughly enjoyed my shave and am ready to lie down next to my wife so we can both fall asleep to the smell of a Nor'easter.

You have likely at least heard of Captains Choice, if not tried it for yourself. But if you have not, let me say this is one stand up guy. An excellent buisness. They put out a great product, care about their customers, and have service after the sale. If you never have, do me a favor. Do Captain a favor. No..do YOURSELF! a favor and head on over to Captains Choice website. Browse the products. Pick anything and feel safe knowing it will be good. But if you cannot pick, at least get the Nor'easter!! It is my favorite and has a bit of a following, I believe :)

A bit ironic coming a day after an actual nor'easter hit New England. I might have to try Captain's Choice soap sometime...I didn't know it was a croap, and I do love me a good croap. And I have a bottle of his Bay Rum, so I know from experience he's got some good products.

+1 for Goonies Reference.....But it was One-Eyed Willie's Ship. Chester Copperpot was an explorer that tried to find the treasure and died before locating the ship.

+1 for Goonies Reference.....But it was One-Eyed Willie's Ship. Chester Copperpot was an explorer that tried to find the treasure and died before locating the ship.
You are correct. I guess it has been a while since I watched it lol

I watch it at least once a year. It is in my top ten favorite movies, maybe even top five.
One of my favorites as well. Anymore, the wife and kids control the TV and watch way more of it than I do. Mostly binge watching netflix series, which I do enjoy a few. Anyway.... do not get to watch the classic favorites much any more. This little conversation has gave me the inclination to introduce them to the Goonies!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
A bit ironic coming a day after an actual nor'easter hit New England. I might have to try Captain's Choice soap sometime...I didn't know it was a croap, and I do love me a good croap. And I have a bottle of his Bay Rum, so I know from experience he's got some good products.
Is the Captain actually in New England? I guess I've always assumed he was somewhere on the Maine coast, but really I have no idea. He could be in Toledo for all I know. Someday I'll have to give his products a try. You never read a bad word about any of them.

Is the Captain actually in New England? I guess I've always assumed he was somewhere on the Maine coast, but really I have no idea. He could be in Toledo for all I know. Someday I'll have to give his products a try. You never read a bad word about any of them.
At this point in time, I cannot tell where he is located. Definitely comes highly recommended by all.

Top Bottom