What's new

Sung Homme: wow!

Don't buy this by mistake! There's nothing on the package that states it's a women's scent.. :blushing: Luckily Marshall's took it back!

$631W.jpg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Packaging's pretty similar, if not same bottle!

But yeah; not Sung Homme. I'd like to see a purple vs. blue bottle sniff test ...

AA

My experience with Sung Homme began in the late 80's when it was introduced, and recently again with what I would say is a weaker version. When new 20 plus years ago, the stuff was really strong, almost overbearing. So one short spritz lasted a while. That first bottle lasted several years. I stumbled upon a bottle at TJMAXX about a year ago for about eight dollars. This new bottle smells the same on application, but a few hours later it has weakened so much you don't recognize it. Still a nice scent to have in the lineup.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Wearing Bogart today, and will say the Sung Homme drydown and the Bogart drydown are seemingly one and the same: that same galbanum note, very specific.

The opening of the Sung's totally different and very pleasant, but after a couple hours, you're wearing the same stuff!

AA

Thanks guys, I have been looking at this post so went and bought blind the Sung Homme, tried it yesterday and its very strong last all day. But today the wife loves me and keeps coming up and kissing my cheek so when I want something I will mix these to get what I want hahahaha

I mixed both and WOW
$20170128_175552.jpg

and yes this seems to be a dark blue and I'm in the UK

I don't reach for Sung Homme often, but this thread got me to wearing it a few times the past few weeks. As before, good silage and longevity. I've been enjoying it. As our tastes develop, it's probably good to revisit some fragrances to see if our opinion changes.

Finally picked this up, couldn't wait to try it. Marshall's $7.99 for 1.7 oz. First blast I got lemon soap, smoke and pine needles. The dry down is more spicy and woody, but the pine is still there. It has a lot of the same notes as Halston Z-14 without the cinnamon blast or initial sweetness. Definitely patchouli, moss and sandalwood hiding in the background. This is from my initial two sprays on the forearm. I'm very interested to see how it wears on the chest throughout the day.

Ive been trying out Sung for Men edc for a couple of weeks occasionally. I feel i like the drydown better than the top notes. My current thinking its decent cheap smelling fragrance but with a pretty good drydown. Its very affordable so it seems to me to be a good compromise. If i wanted to go on a date at 8pm, id spray a lot of it on at 545pm to get it to the drydown point at the right time. (For the first hour Id smell not how Id want my date to smell me, cheap top notes smell like some sort of berry.)

Ad Astra

The Instigator
A year later, I still like it but think more of the leathery drydown than the initial notes.

Would re-buy. Many of the cheapies, glad I tried ($7 doesn't buy lunch anymore) but wouldn't repurchase.

AA

I have a couple bottles of the purple juice, for when I want to smell good and "clean". I've received multiple complements at work for it.

I swore I wasn't going to buy anymore aftershave but after just reading this thread I think I will pick some of this up.
Does it contain alcohol in it? I like alcohol in my aftershave.

Last edited:
Finally got my (Alfred) Sung Homme. This is a "complex, purple-colored, Canadian that smells like Irish Spring."

proxy.php

What I find:

1. Mine's blue (web pic; not my pic above). Cobalt blue, rather. The bottle's clear, the actual liquid's blue.

2. This bottle's Made in America- NY, NY.

3. Does NOT smell like Irish Spring, or any other soap.

It does go on with an initial Z-14 / cinnamon vibe, and dry to a slight citrus thing with a lot of other notes going on.

I really like it! And at $15/3.4 oz., one of the less expensive.

It's very complex, as discussed on fragrantica and basenotes.

"Top notes are caraway, juniper berries, pepper, artemisia, basil, sage, bergamot, lemon, galbanum, bay leaf and petitgrain; middle notes are aldehydes, carnation, jasmine, caraway, rose, pine tree needles, geranium and spicy notes; base notes are leather, sandalwood, fir, patchouli, musk, oakmoss, vetiver and cedar."

Wish I'd tripped over this one sooner.

Who has / likes / hates Sung Homme?

AA

I find the performance on this one lacking, but I love the scent- it smells like a badass old school barbershop to me, and since I cut my own hair, I wear this after I apply a fresh cut.

I find the performance on this one lacking, but I love the scent- it smells like a badass old school barbershop to me, and since I cut my own hair, I wear this after I apply a fresh cut.

try it mixed with some Irisch moos and it will change your minds.

Top Bottom