What's new

Sung Homme: wow!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Finally got my (Alfred) Sung Homme. This is a "complex, purple-colored, Canadian that smells like Irish Spring."

proxy.php

What I find:

1. Mine's blue (web pic; not my pic above). Cobalt blue, rather. The bottle's clear, the actual liquid's blue.

2. This bottle's Made in America- NY, NY.

3. Does NOT smell like Irish Spring, or any other soap.

It does go on with an initial Z-14 / cinnamon vibe, and dry to a slight citrus thing with a lot of other notes going on.

I really like it! And at $15/3.4 oz., one of the less expensive.

It's very complex, as discussed on fragrantica and basenotes.

"Top notes are caraway, juniper berries, pepper, artemisia, basil, sage, bergamot, lemon, galbanum, bay leaf and petitgrain; middle notes are aldehydes, carnation, jasmine, caraway, rose, pine tree needles, geranium and spicy notes; base notes are leather, sandalwood, fir, patchouli, musk, oakmoss, vetiver and cedar."

Wish I'd tripped over this one sooner.

Who has / likes / hates Sung Homme?

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It really is pretty good. I can't imagine anyone objecting to it; non-offensively pleasant.

Images for the stuff vary:

proxy.php

Mine's more like that than this one:

proxy.php

AA

I used up an entire bottle of the Canadian version (purple) and it was really good. I got this juice as a soapy accord type frag to go along with Mugler Cologne and Gendarme or maybe even replace those others. It doesn't smell like Irish Spring although I can see the resemblance in some of the notes. A light application of this really shines and lasts all day. Don't know if I'll replace the bottle or not.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Can affirm this lasts all day, though I refuse to refer to it as a "powerhouse" scent.

Drydown includes galbanum, some citrus ... Almost thought I smelled gunpowder!

AA

Finally got my (Alfred) Sung Homme. This is a "complex, purple-colored, Canadian that smells like Irish Spring."

What I find:

1. Mine's blue (web pic; not my pic above). Cobalt blue, rather. The bottle's clear, the actual liquid's blue.

2. This bottle's Made in America- NY, NY.

3. Does NOT smell like Irish Spring, or any other soap.

It does go on with an initial Z-14 / cinnamon vibe, and dry to a slight citrus thing with a lot of other notes going on.

I really like it! And at $15/3.4 oz., one of the less expensive.

It's very complex, as discussed on fragrantica and basenotes.

"Top notes are caraway, juniper berries, pepper, artemisia, basil, sage, bergamot, lemon, galbanum, bay leaf and petitgrain; middle notes are aldehydes, carnation, jasmine, caraway, rose, pine tree needles, geranium and spicy notes; base notes are leather, sandalwood, fir, patchouli, musk, oakmoss, vetiver and cedar."

Wish I'd tripped over this one sooner.

Who has / likes / hates Sung Homme?

AA
I'm glad you like it. Do you see what I meant when I suggested it would be a good EDT to complement Irisch Moos splash?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I'm glad you like it. Do you see what I meant when I suggested it would be a good EDT to complement Irisch Moos splash?

Wish I knew! Missed out on the IM soap, the Irish brother to Tabac, I gather.

The IM aftershave or EDC is available, though not cheap and hard to find.

I just thought I'd like the Sung Homme, based on its profile. Blind buys actually do usually work for me, if homework is done.

Thanks for the suggestion.

AA

I have a bottle of the purple. I'll just say its not for me. :001_huh:

It's probably going up on the BST very soon.

Last edited:
I'm on the opposite side with this frag, I hate the stuff. I blind bought some a few years ago and I regretted it the first time I took a sniff. Probably in the bottom 2 or 3 of all the frags I've ever owned.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Fragrances aren't soap; if you hate it, you have nothing.

KS, Chris, I do get it. I'm stuck with a $$ bottle of l'eau de Miyake (interestingly, spell check wants to change to "mistake," I agree). Everyone loves it; learned I hate aquatics.

AA

I do catch the resemblance to Irish Spring, but they are not identical to me. And I would describe it as soapy. I find that on me it has both considerable silage and longevity. So after reading all the comments so far, YMMV is definitely in order. I enjoy it enough, but probably won't replace it when I've used it up--which will take a while because for me a little goes a long way.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
[MENTION=61934]Eutychus[/MENTION] , is your bottle blue or purple? Curious, seems to vary - likely diluted, as with most, over time/reformulation.

With this Sung, the drydown note of galbanum becomes prominent after a while ... which is good or bad.

AA

@Eutychus , is your bottle blue or purple? Curious, seems to vary - likely diluted, as with most, over time/reformulation.

With this Sung, the drydown note of galbanum becomes prominent after a while ... which is good or bad.

AA

I'd say it's the purple version. I've had it about a year or so.

$2015-11-23 19.53.35.jpg

On Sunday I had a nice shave with a Palmolive soap stick, followed by Irisch Moos splash, 2 or 3 little spots of Sung Homme balm, & topped it off an hour later with a couple tiny sprays of the EDT. It is really easy to overdo Irisch Moos or Sung Homme, and turn a pleasant scent into regret.

Top Bottom