What's new

Sundays are a little different...

my usual shaving/grooming routines six days a week are pretty usual; wash face, shave, witch hazel, aftershave, yada yada yada. but once a week, and my day is Sunday, i really treat myself. i choose Sunday because it has always been a day of rest and re-energizing, at least for me. outside of the biblical sense, it just seems to be the day that you spend with family and friends, doing housework, taking care of yourself, recuperating from the week before, and if you're anything like me, certainly the previous Saturday night. :biggrin:

so here's what i do differently on Sunday:

the morning routine is just a nice shower, facewash, witch hazel and moisturizer. there is no shave. when the evening comes around, somewhere between 7 and 8 o'clock, i draw a bath with epsom salt and baking soda to make my skin feel soft and soothe away any pain or discomfort i might feel, all the while cleaning my body with a fine soap. the whole time this is going on, some great music is playing in the background to add to the experience (right now it's Ray Charles' Modern Sounds In Country And Western Music). i wash my hair in the sink, keeping the conditioner in the hair until almost the very end of the experience. i wash my face as usual, but afterward i use a scrub to jar loose any dead skin/ingrown hairs/general goop. once this is done, i lather up with a soap or cream of my choice (lately it's been Trumper's Violet Cream) and begin to shave with a fresh blade. three passes later (n-s, s-n, touch ups), i rinse off, pat dry, and apply a natural clay mask to my face. letting this sit for about 20 minutes is truly therapeutic for your pores in that it really gets down in your skin to pull out grime you otherwise wouldn't get. i wash the mask off, pat dry, wash the conditioner out of my hair, and tone my face with witch hazel. once that has done its job, i move onto aftershave gel, night cream, undereye treatment, lip balm, and spot treatment for any blemishes i might see. once i'm done, i enjoy a fine stout, or perhaps some English tea, and then retire to bed with my face, hair and body feeling amazing.

i know this all might seem a bit didactic and maybe even boring (some might even say hedonistic), but i figured i'd share because who knows, maybe there are a few people in the forum that also take a day out of their week to really spoil themselves. if you do, please add to the thread and share. if not, i implore you to set aside one day a week, regardless of the day, and really pamper yourself.

Items used
Claus Porto Soap
American Crew Shampoo, Conditioner and Styling Products
One of my several soaps or creams
Pacific Shaving Oil
Zirh Clean Face Wash
Provence Sante Green Tea Facial Scrub
Kiehl's Rare Earth Facial Masque
Thayer's Peach Witch Hazel
Brave Soldier Solar Shield Moisturizer (in the morning)
Baxter Night Cream
Nancy Boy Cooling Aftershave Gel
Bullie "Bullet" Undereye Treatment
Anthony Logistics Spot Therapy
Jack Black Lip Balm

Shane

I am in awe. I don't know if I could *get away* with all of that, especially the mask and a few other steps, but I really like how you end the night--with a good, cold beer!:biggrin:

I also like a good foot soak and lotion followed by nice clean white cotton socks for a few hours.

now that you mention feet, i also put on some hand and foot cream before i go to bed (Burt's Bees Almond Milk Hand Creme and Coconut Foot Creme). and let me tell you, an ice cold beer will send you promptly to bed.

Shane

Top Bottom