What's new

Summertime Splash

I have read the multiple pages of Aqua Velva praise but I can not get past the scent. I am new to splashes, usually use a balm but the with the heat it isn't working. I am interested in a cool soothing splash that won't make me think of my grandfather. I need a good splash with a young scent. I know this has probably been gone over a million times. Please help not very knowledgable about splashes.

Check out the store at The Shave Den. Aftershaves are made to order and they can add menthol (or even double menthol!) to your scent of choice.

Also, Lucido (Japan) aftershave is unscented, but mentholated. You can add anything to that for a custom-scented menthol blast.

Proraso Splash from Westcoastshaving.com

It will take awhile to arrive as he has to have it ground shipped...but its worth the wait!

I want to try Osage Rub but can't justify the $10 shipping for a $4 bottle. I think that would be my first choice.

Rumor has it that Sally Beauty Supply sometimes carries it. You might want to check. Mine doesn't, but mine is a little hole in the wall that seems to cater to 13 year old girls. Walking in there once was often enough to last me the rest of my life. There is a huge one in Cleveland, but that's sort of a haul for me :)

I want to try Osage Rub but can't justify the $10 shipping for a $4 bottle. I think that would be my first choice.

Why don't you try contacting local barbershops? Most are happy to include orders for Osage Rub and the like with their regular supply orders.

I believe Adidas aftershave splash has menthol and I have seen it in quite a few places. I haven't tried it, but I believe it is supposed to be a "modern" type scent. Osage rub comes in a huge bottle and even at 12 bucks, it will last you a long time. It has a very faint powder smell so you might want to follow it with the scent of your choice.

I've mostly been using Saint Charles Shave Mediterranean Citrus, Prorarso Splash, and Aqua Velva Ice Sport. I've got some Speick, which I've never tried, on the way.

Of course, the only other aftershaves I have are a bay rum splash and two balms. I have combination skin so I tend to use the balms in the winter.

I can't stand regular Aqua Velva, but try giving the Ice Sport a chance. You can always smell it before you buy it at the drug store.

I go to a local barber shop supply store to buy mine. I forget the price but it does indeed come in a large bottle that would last quite a long time.

Top Bottom