What's new

Summer Wedding Help With Cologne

Hey All...

My Sister in law is getting married at the end of July here in Oklahoma. If you have ever been to Oklahoma in July/August there's no need to explain.........:a38:

It will partially be outside...very brief....with the rest inside with air conditioning.

My dilemma: I need suggestions on what cologne to wear.

I would like to wear a floral and would like for it to be a masculine rose or iris or.......................

1. Tauer

Incense Rose
proxy.php

2. Amouage

Lyric Man

proxy.php

OR

Maybe a barbershop-ish type of cologne.

I love Caswell-Massey..Jockey Club. This stuff on me has no projection, is a skin scent-(not that I want to blast everyone at the wedding)-and doesn't last that long.

So......is there a barbershop type cologne that has better projection than CW-Jockey Club?

***I'm not really into citrus or soapy smells***

Please throw out your floral and barbershop cologne recommendations for a summer wedding........maybe 25 minutes outside in the evening shade and the rest indoors.

Thanks for your help!!!

Q: Are your 1. and 2. choices frags which you already own and are considering wearing, or would they be bought new?

I could imagine that C&S "88" or Montale "Black Aoud" would both suit your tastes, but I'm not sure about wearing them in furnace heat.

Cant help to much as I have not tried most of these. However I love Amouage and I have been wanting to try Lyric. I think I would go with that.

Congrats on upcoming event! Sounds like you're excited for her!
i would tend to suggest pine and vetiver scents, rather than florals or heavier ouds like Amouage.
however,
will there be floral arrangements and if so, what?
approx what are the ages of bride & wedding party?

My favorite masculine rose is Creed Royal Mayfair (formerly Windsor), while my wife prefers Domenico Caraceni 1913 (which is finally available again after several years, which left me rationing what I had left to special occasions).

Profumum Roma Antico Caruso. That my friend is the answer to your question. Very very well made, very good is longetevity and silage , classy, perfect.

Amouage reflection man hands down. That's a sexy seductive scent and hey if your single the girls are gonna love it. Works well in the heat and in the ac in my opinion. I would know. I'm going into the 115 degree Vegas heat with it and then into my office which is like 70 degrees ac. Aventus would be my second pick as that's just a all around amazing scent. I would wear either or into my own wedding if I had to yet alone someone else's

Caron's Pour Un Homme is a great summer lavender floral. Kind of like a barbershop floral.... Little bit of musk and vanilla. It's my go to on hot days with a suit. Heat does not change its projection too much for me. You can put a normal amount on.

Van Cleef and Arpels Pour Homme is a great rose. Works ok in hot weather, but go super light on it. Like 1 spray under the tshirt light. Heat makes it very potent.

Both are quite affordable.

Have fun at the wedding!

Caron's Pour Un Homme is a great summer lavender floral. Kind of like a barbershop floral.... Little bit of musk and vanilla. It's my go to on hot days with a suit. Heat does not change its projection too much for me. You can put a normal amount on.

Van Cleef and Arpels Pour Homme is a great rose. Works ok in hot weather, but go super light on it. Like 1 spray under the tshirt light. Heat makes it very potent.

Both of those immediately came to mind, I do find that the Caron burns through the lavender fairly quick in the heat and ends up with a nice masculine vanilla & musk scent. I often recieve many compliments on Caron pour un Homme from people close enough to me to smell it.

I think you should also consider Knize Two (violet floral), Ungaro III (airy lavender, rose, & vodka), & Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose (applied lightly or layered with another rose).

I have two weddings to attend this summer. I'm wearing Van Cleef and Arpels Pour Homme to one and Quorum to the other.

Top Bottom