What's new

Summer time and Menthol Madness

Hello Gents it has been quite some time since I have been thru these doors, but my love for DE shaving has been as strong as ever. North Texas is starting to feel the heavy breath of the sun's summer rays. With that I find myself reaching more and more for QCS Key ICE Lime and the cooling sensation it brings to my morning shave. Matthew truely is a master when it comes to making great shave soaps and soft soaps (they call them creams but trust me they are soft soaps) I enjoy pairing it with Poraraso Post Shave Cream and a few minutes later before I put on my dress shirt and head out to work I squeeze a nice size dab of 444 gel then mix it with Osage Rub for the full Arctic Express. The whole routine has me whistling and smiling as I walk out the door. I need to go ahead and order the Vostok bath/shower soap for that all over menthol sensation. I have tried several others but for me QCS has provided me the best menthol experience in a fantastic shave soap. Check them out.

Where are you in NTX? I'm in Ft. Worth. At least it's not as hot this year so far as it has been the last two around here... (Yet)

This is my first summer doing the full DE wet shave thing and I picked up some super mentholated Stirling Glacial soaps and a matching aftershave. That stuff is right on the edge of menthol craziness. I haven't tried Osage Rub yet but it is on my list. Stirling is based here in Texas too as info.

Where are you in NTX? I'm in Ft. Worth. At least it's not as hot this year so far as it has been the last two around here... (Yet)

This is my first summer doing the full DE wet shave thing and I picked up some super mentholated Stirling Glacial soaps and a matching aftershave. That stuff is right on the edge of menthol craziness. I haven't tried Osage Rub yet but it is on my list. Stirling is based here in Texas too as info.

Just north of Frisco TX about 10 miles right up preston road. It has not been to bad but today and yesterday were an indication of what the summer will be like. I have not tried Stirling, but Key Lime Ice and Vostok are two of my favorites and yes osage rub is one you will want to try. I just placed an order for Krampert's Frostbite aftershave as I read a lot of good things about it. I will let you know how it goes.

I'm on a serious menthol kick. I'm 3017'ing a peppermint cream which is cooling but I think when that's done I'll go a little more hardcore with maybe my tin of HTGAM Frost Byte or maybe order the QCS Iced Key Lime soap/croap. I'm a big fan of the matching QCS IKL balm. If you haven't tried the balm it's awesome. I've also been hitting the Osage and Krampert's pretty hard. The Krampert's is incredible for your face. I'm also really digging the HTGAM Frost Byte AS.

I think we should start a thread where we group 3017 something menthol for summer akin to the recent Harris 3017 and Razo Rock 3017 threads all starting together on a certain date (July 4th?).

I'm on a serious menthol kick. I'm 3017'ing a peppermint cream which is cooling but I think when that's done I'll go a little more hardcore with maybe my tin of HTGAM Frost Byte or maybe order the QCS Iced Key Lime soap/croap. I'm a big fan of the matching QCS IKL balm. If you haven't tried the balm it's awesome. I've also been hitting the Osage and Krampert's pretty hard. The Krampert's is incredible for your face. I'm also really digging the HTGAM Frost Byte AS.

I think we should start a thread where we group 3017 something menthol for summer akin to the recent Harris 3017 and Razo Rock 3017 threads all starting together on a certain date (July 4th?).

I think that would be COOL (See what I did there). I am all in as I have both the Vostok and Iced Key Lime soap/croap. I shaved with Vostok last night and wow I forgot how strong that Menthol blast really is. I think a Menthol 3017 would be perfect for this summer and July 4th would be perfect. By the way I have tried the QCS balm and found them to be great. Cannot wait to try the Krampert's.

You'll love the Kramperts.

July 4th sounds like a plan. That should carry us through the dog days of summer. Hopefully some other gents will join in on the 3017 whether its a bottle of Osage or a tube if proraso or whatever as long as its menthol.

I add about 3-4 crystals of menthol to a small grating in a mug with a few drops of EO - don't make too much at a time, you want the menthol effect!! just be sure to mix it up and smush it in. Add a couple of drops of lanolin when you form the puck and you will have the smoothest COOLEST soap in the morning!! (you can use Almond or other carrier oils too)

I enjoyed a post morning run QCS Iced Key Lime cold water shave this morning. Considered Osage for my AS, but went with Alt-Innsbruck. Nice way to start a summer morning.

Top Bottom