What's new

Summer Straw

Here is another one I found a picture of.
This one is not vintage.
proxy.php

Straw hats in the summer make such good sense!

I just ordered a new one from my friend Robert...you all need to check his webstie out, but before you buy any hat, email him and let him get back with you, with what else he has...i have been buying all of my hats from him for over four or five years...

when you contact him tell Mark the shoeshine boy sent ya....he will treat ya even better.....guaranteed !!! :thumbup:

panama hats !!!

I can second buying from Robert at Panama Hats. He is very well known and regarded by guys who purchase quality hats.
Robert carries a variety of styles.

Thank you. It has a thin black ribbon underneath.
I purchased the navy blue puggaree at Arnold Hatters in NYC and covered the old one. It gives the hat a different look.
Unfortunately Arnold is no longer in business. It was a great shop.

Thought I'd share with you guys the hat my wife brought home for me.
Very comfortable. It's a Papyrus/cotton blend (85% / 15%), with a cotton mesh lining.
attachment.php

Nice looking hat, Phil! I have always liked the Trilby style.:thumbup1:

Here is a picture of me wearing my new Summer Straw Hat! How do you like it?
full

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered a new one from my friend Robert...you all need to check his webstie out, but before you buy any hat, email him and let him get back with you, with what else he has...i have been buying all of my hats from him for over four or five years...

when you contact him tell Mark the shoeshine boy sent ya....he will treat ya even better.....guaranteed !!! :thumbup:

panama hats !!!

Thanks for the heads up Mark! I'm researching/learning about Montecristis and Ceuncas as this very moment in order to make an informed Panama hat selection and purchase. I'm already sold on getting my hat from Robert and can't thank you enough for putting out the word that he may have even more options available that aren't listed on his site. As soon as I've decided on the WPSI and style I want to go with, I'll definitely email him before making the purchase.

Right now is a good time to order from Robert Weber because he is running 'end of season' specials. I ordered a Cuenca fino brisca with a C-crown for $33.00 shipped. I have worn the hat several times and really like it.
proxy.php
[/IMG]

I bought the one in the front roll left.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just thinking that it's almost time to put away the straw and dig out the fur felt...

I'm a stubborn SOB - plan on hanging on to/stretching out summer as long as I possibly can (not to mention hopes of taking advantage of end of season discount/sale on a Panama straw)...

Right now is a good time to order from Robert Weber because he is running 'end of season' specials. I ordered a Cuenca fino brisca with a C-crown for $33.00 shipped. I have worn the hat several times and really like it.

I bought the one in the front roll left.

That is a fine looking Ceunca Rich.

Top Bottom