What's new

Summer so I'm thinking lime!

Citrus anything usually irritates my old mug, but I do like Captain's Choice Lime aftershave. 2nd choice (and the only other lime aftershave me face can tolerate) is Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes and Peppercorn. I will also use Stirling's Orange Chill a/s after using Stirling Orange Chill soap but that's it for me and citrus.

Last edited:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I go splash all the way alcohol and menthol
Balms make me feel like im using hand lotion
Stirling lime (glacial) is excellent but it fades fast probably a good thing not to smell like a fruit stand all day anyway.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I thought someone on this thread recommend black ship thomas tew. Or maybe it was another sorry i cant day thanks for the rec! Oh my gawd!wow this stuff smells amazing out of the bottle so yummy cant wait to use it
hand written note from company owner in box was a very nice touch too

The absolute best most realistic tart lime scent with some great longevity is Stirling Lime. It smells almost identical to Geo F. Trumpers Extract of Limes.

Old Spice Fresh Lime is a nice different take on lime that quickly becomes the regular Old Spice scent. I enjoy it more than regular Old Spice. Pinaud Citrus Musk is nice but very little lime, more like candied lemon. Duru is candied lemon as well (though more natural than Citrus Musk). I enjoy both but they aren't for a lime kick if that's what you're into. Another good idea is just add a few drops of lime essential oil to Pinaud's Bay Rum. It works beautifully. I have ordered Ogallala's Bay Rum, Lime, and Peppercorns (apparently a lime-dominant scent) along with Jeeves of Hudson's Key Lime aftershaves as well and will report back on how they fare.

Pinaud Lime Sec I haven't tried but heard it was like lime jello.

Last edited:
As for lime colognes, I've tried a lot and my favourites are the following (all have a barbershop quality to them btw):
- Montale Aromatic Lime (the best and longest lasting lime fragrance ever made in my opinion)
- Tom Ford Azure Lime (amazing lime scent, but overpriced of course)
- Tommy Bahama Set Sail St Barts (very nice lime and tequila opening becomes guava juice and saltwater; sweet lime)
- Creed Virgin Island Water (amazing natural smelling lime with coconut and rum)

I've also ordered Taylor of Old Bond Street's Victorian Lime EDT which I heard has some great longevity

oh and I forgot to mention. Black Ship Grooming Company's Barnacle Bob is an incredible lime scent. It actually smells like the rain with ozonic notes, but it does have a noticeable lime in there. very long lasting too at like 6-8 hours on my skin. and wonderful for skin nourishment.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
The absolute best most realistic tart lime scent with some great longevity is Stirling Lime. It smells almost identical to Geo F. Trumpers Extract of Limes.
I like Stirling lime very much not a heavy scent doesn't linger great to hear its similar to thumpers.
Thanks for the great recommendations
Ill look in to barnacle bob

I am gobsmacked by three pages and no recommendation of Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic! A great lime margarita scented matching soap and aftershave. Fantastic scent, menthol, and performance on both.

proxy.php

I am gobsmacked by three pages and no recommendation of Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic! A great lime margarita scented matching soap and aftershave. Fantastic scent, menthol, and performance on both.

proxy.php

I asked Stirling myself and they said the strongest lime scent they have is their Lime aftershave. This one apparently (according to Stirling themselves) lime essential oil along with a fragrance oil that smells like tequila. The lime is more pronounced in their Lime aftershave. But this probably smells great anyhow.

I asked Stirling myself and they said the strongest lime scent they have is their Lime aftershave. This one apparently (according to Stirling themselves) lime essential oil along with a fragrance oil that smells like tequila. The lime is more pronounced in their Lime aftershave. But this probably smells great anyhow.
MITA definitely smells like a margarita and not just lime. I am not sure what that says about me, that I really like these at six oclio'cin the morning!
proxy.php

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Makes sense i have this as and soap and i dont get lime either
Stirling lime is fantastic

I thought someone on this thread recommend black ship thomas tew. Or maybe it was another sorry i cant day thanks for the rec! Oh my gawd!wow this stuff smells amazing out of the bottle so yummy cant wait to use it
hand written note from company owner in box was a very nice touch too
shaving-software-whole-sale-thomas-tew-after-shave-splash-1.jpg

Guys, add 20 drops of lime essential oil to Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum. It takes it from a good bay rum to an incredible one. Lime Sec I guess would work too but lime essential oil smells more like natural and realistic lime. I'm thoroughly enjoying my VIBR now, and it has become a suitable summer scent (whereas before it was pretty much only winter category). I use NOW Foods lime essential oil (a company that has been vetted as being the real thing using chemical spectroscopy lab results), and the lime in this smells natural, tart, and incredibly long-lasting.

pinaud-clubman-virgin-island-bay-rum-with-lime-oil.61141

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Thanks
Guys, add 20 drops of lime essential oil to Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum. It takes it from a good bay rum to an incredible one. Lime Sec I guess would work too but lime essential oil smells more like natural and realistic lime. I'm thoroughly enjoying my VIBR now, and it has become a suitable summer scent (whereas before it was pretty much only winter category). I use NOW Foods lime essential oil (a company that has been vetted as being the real thing using chemical spectroscopy lab results), and the lime in this smells natural, tart, and incredibly long-lasting.

pinaud-clubman-virgin-island-bay-rum-with-lime-oil.61141
A good suggestion ive got a bottle of that somewhere

Ok so here is my review of Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes, and Peppercorn (just got it in the mail):

This is a pretty nice bay rum cologne which is inexpensive and well-crafted. I use it as an aftershave. It mainly smells to my nose of a gingerbread spice cookie, and the bay rum in this is different from Pinaud's Virgin Island Bay Rum (the latter has a far more dominant clove scent). I can distinctly smell the bay leaves in this one more, and I suppose this is a more quality bay rum - although I enjoy both this and Pinaud. The peppercorns are pretty apparent as well. Unfortunately the lime was way less than I would have liked in this, so I simply added some lime essential oil to it to add some power to the lime note, with very good results. It has ended up smelling like spiced limes with ginger and bay leaves, which is actually pretty pleasing to my nose. The burn from this when used as an aftershave is very strong, while longevity is also quite good for an aftershave cologne at a couple of hours. It also makes my face feel pretty good afterwards.

4.5/5

Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes, and Peppercorns.jpg

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Ok so here is my review of Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes, and Peppercorn (just got it in the mail):

This is a pretty nice bay rum cologne which is inexpensive and well-crafted. I use it as an aftershave. It mainly smells to my nose of a gingerbread spice cookie, and the bay rum in this is different from Pinaud's Virgin Island Bay Rum (the latter has a far more dominant clove scent). I can distinctly smell the bay leaves in this one more, and I suppose this is a more quality bay rum - although I enjoy both this and Pinaud. The peppercorns are pretty apparent as well. Unfortunately the lime was way less than I would have liked in this, so I simply added some lime essential oil to it to add some power to the lime note, with very good results. It has ended up smelling like spiced limes with ginger and bay leaves, which is actually pretty pleasing to my nose. The burn from this when used as an aftershave is very strong, while longevity is also quite good for an aftershave cologne at a couple of hours. It also makes my face feel pretty good afterwards.

4.5/5

View attachment 892064
great review
Thats a solid as i bought at Duluth trading hit on price quantity

Ok I tried TOBS Victorian Lime and can safely say it is the strongest and most potent lime cologne I've smelled along with Montale's Aromatic Lime. Over 6 hours of lime scent on my skin. I have no idea what they put in this stuff to make it last that long. Only issue is it's a splash bottle (but thankfully only comes out in tiny drops). So I just transferred 5 ml of it to a travel atomizer and use that.

Taylor of Old Bond Street No. 74 Victorian Lime.jpg

Top Bottom