What's new

Summer Skin Care Tips

As the temps hover in the mid to upper 90s in my neck of the woods, I thought it might be fun and/or helpful for those of us in parts of the world where its summer to share any warm weather skin care tips you may have.

Let's hear those tips and tricks for keeping your skin fresh and clean feeling when the air is sticky! Do you switch to a different after shave or splash? Have a new skin preparation routine? Or add any products specially formulated for sun and/or heat?

I'll start it off: although I'm *not* a big fan of these products in general, I do find myself reaching for clear, alcohol-based after shaves when the weather gets warm. I just can't abide the greasy feeling that creams leave on my skin when it's hot outside, and I'll gladly put up with the short-term sting for a drier face.

Who's next?:biggrin:

For warmer weather, I've really enjoyed the combo of Thayer's Witch Hazel and Proraso Post Shave Cream. I will sometimes follow this up with a sealing product like Skin Food or Corn Husker's Lotion. I've also had some nice results from a dusting of shave talc.

Next on my list to try is some of the Baxter of California products.

In the summer, I love a splash followed by some skin food. Simple and effective. No way this works in winter, though.

Here in sunny Florida I keep a bottle of Aloe in the fridge to help keep it cool. It feels great when you slather it on chilled. I also keep my sunscreen in a ziplock baggie in the cooler at the beach. That's a nice treat on a hot sunny day.

Tito

Living in Phoenix, the best thing for my skin in the summer is to stay in air-conditioned buildings. :cool1:

I've been using a drop of coral skin food and it is working well despite the 115-degree days.

Ditto on the cool aloe. On days I know I am going to be outside I use Noxema or Cetaphil lotion with SPS 15 instead of my usual moisturizer. Come to think of it, there really isn't any reason not to just use one of these as my daily moisturizer.
Cheers,
Jeff

I've been thinking of putting my Thayers in the fridge between shaves, hoping it would produce a nice chilling effect.

Has anyone tried this?

I've been dreaming of a bathroom with a refrigerator in it for this very reason. I've done this on a few occasions but am unwilling to make the trip downstairs every morning to make it common practice. It is, however, VERY NICE!

Humid hot weather is tricky for me, because I have dry skin ; after my morning routine, I feel that I have to use something rich enough; but when I get outside (I have air conditioner inside), greaseball and sweat.
Maybe I should just use Nivea sensitive a/s balm, without adding moisturizer (which I do in winter). What do u think?

Kyle said:
For warmer weather, I've really enjoyed the combo of Thayer's Witch Hazel and Proraso Post Shave Cream. I will sometimes follow this up with a sealing product like Skin Food or Corn Husker's Lotion. I've also had some nice results from a dusting of shave talc.

Next on my list to try is some of the Baxter of California products.

My best summer combo so far as well.

Yes, I used some Thayers and followed up with Proraso pre/post this morning and felt great!

Top Bottom