None of the aquatics seem to have any. Here's what I have:
  • Aqua di Gio--5 minutes
  • Azarro Chrome--an hour
  • Davidoff Cool Water--an hour
  • Issey Miyake--stinks, so I don't care
  • Tommy Bahama original--two hours
  • Aramis Havana--two hours
  • YSL Give Rauche--two hours

I have Guerlain Vetiver and The Dreamer by Versace on the way--any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

FYI, our humidity has been in the 2-4% range, so maybe that's just killing everything?

Try applying summer scents directly to your clothing for added longevity. I just checked the closet and my shirt still carries scent of Fresh Aquatic I applied 3 weeks ago. I have some less expensive frags like Blue Seduction that last a long time on clothing also and the added benefit is that I like the smell on my clothing, but not on my skin. One disadvantage may be that your clothing smells of a particular summer scent until it is laundered.

Millesime Imperial by Creed, but it's quite expensive (I don't actually own it). Also Fleur du Male, that's only if you like white flowers though.

Millesime Imperial by Creed, but it's quite expensive (I don't actually own it). Also Fleur du Male, that's only if you like white flowers though.

Funny you mention that particular frag. MI is VERY well known to have serious longevity issues on many people.......

MI is a very nice frag, I own it and enjoy it, but it's gone after 4-5 hours on my skin and I get good longevity out of most fragrances.....so perhaps not the smartest fragrance to suggest in this thread....

Aqua di Gio--5 minutes - I GET 7-9 HOURS SOLID FROM THIS
Azarro Chrome--an hour - I GET 8-10 HOURS SOLID FROM THIS
Davidoff Cool Water--an hour - I GET 6-8 HOURS SOLID FROM THIS
Issey Miyake--stinks, so I don't care - I GET 10-12 HOURS SOLID FROM THIS
Tommy Bahama original--two hours - DON'T OWN IT
Aramis Havana--two hours - HAVANA IS NOT A SUMMER SCENT, BUT A TOBACCO WINTER FRAG, SO WHY IS IT HERE ? BTW I GET 12 HOURS SOLID FROM THIS
YSL Give Rauche--two hours - THIS GIVES ME 6-8 HOURS EVERY TIME

Last edited:
Funny you mention that particular frag. MI is VERY well known to have serious longevity issues on many people.......

MI is a very nice frag, I own it and enjoy it, but it's gone after 4-5 hours on my skin and I get good longevity out of most fragrances.....so perhaps not the smartest fragrance to suggest in this thread....

Aramis Havana--two hours - HAVANA IS NOT A SUMMER SCENT, BUT A TOBACCO WINTER FRAG, SO WHY IS IT HERE ? BTW I GET 12 HOURS SOLID FROM THIS
Exactly the same for me, using six sprays under clothes.
Renato

I have been going with 2-3 sprays. Maybe that's the ticket.

Havana is a summer scent--there's really no cold season in Cuba.

What's with the all caps? Someone angry in Denmark?

Also, 2% humidity here.

I agree 99% here...many of these scents I smell on my clothes days later, these last a loooong time. to the original poster, I think you might just be getting accustomed to the smell and your nose is tuning it out. try asking people around you if you still smell.

i disagree on havana, it's a bay rum/tobacco scent perfect for warm latin summer weather. (also works great in the winter)

Well, if you like neroli, Neroli Portofino has got some legs for a cologne style scent.

Prada Infusion is a soapy, soapy kind of scent I like in summer that's surprisingly lasting.

My first few experiences with Original Vetiver were shortish, but somehow know it lasts quite well on me.

Im unclear in my own head if The Dreamer is summery or not. It has an odd open, but it lasts pretty well. My boss thought it smelled like cat pee. Many liken it to the the smell of cigarette tobacco.

Last edited:
Im unclear in my own head if The Dreamer is summery or not. It has an odd open, but it lasts pretty well. My boss thought it smelled like cat pee. Many liken it to the the smell of cigarette tobacco.

Fortunately Amazon had a small sampler of this one.:wink2:

I agree 99% here...many of these scents I smell on my clothes days later, these last a loooong time. to the original poster, I think you might just be getting accustomed to the smell and your nose is tuning it out. try asking people around you if you still smell.

i disagree on havana, it's a bay rum/tobacco scent perfect for warm latin summer weather. (also works great in the winter)

Maybe it's the humidity--you & Claus both live in humid climates. I know the bombs my dog drops in the yard lose their scent pretty quickly.

Really? That's crazy! I get about 10 hours when I wear it. Different skin chemistry I guess. If I'm in the minority, though, then definitely try before you buy.

Rive Gauche is kind of a weird duck for me, it lasts all day for me except the sillage is minimal within a few hours. So it mostly just is a long-lasting skin scent. I enjoy it greatly and wear it often.

Top Bottom