What's new

Summer Scents: Shaving Yeti vs Tiki

Let me start by saying I signed up for the "Restraint for May", so I have 12 hours to make my decision. I'm looking for one more good summer scent to add to my soap line up, and I've been considering going with the following orders:

Shaving Yeti Dreamsicle AND Shore Leave
Tiki Bar Surf's Up

I have several summer scents already, and I prefer the more strongly scented soaps. So, if any of you fine gentlemen who have tried one or the other, or both, could let me know what you think I would greatly appreciate it.

Her "salty air" is very light scented. I know it wasn't in your above post, but just an FYI. I too prefer stronger scented soaps

The Yeti soaps are fine, but aren't scent-bombs. I very much enjoy Yeti Snot, but the rest of the line-up wasn't super compelling.

Stirling just released a beachy scent (Padre Island) and a coconut flavor if you like Stirling stuff. Maybe combine those with Texas on Fire? Nothing says summer like coconuts, beach, and brush fires...

I quite liked the Dream Sicle. Shore Leave was nice but, as said, subtle.
have not yet tried the Tiki one.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 69
In summer soaps (and aftershaves) I like a shot of menthol to give my face a cooling sensation.

Couldn't agree more

That's not really my thing. I like a "cool" soap every once in a while; I have a small tube of C.O. Bigelow (Proraso Green) and a sample puck of Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic, and I use those sparingly. I like a little menthol tingle upon occasion, but I'm not a "frozen face" guy by any stretch of the imagination. Matter of fact, I have the American Blend A/S by Fine, and that has just enough of a little menthol tingle that I could use it every day, but I can't smell it in there, which is a huge plus. In my soaps, creams, and aftershaves, the only thing I like LESS than the scent of menthol, is the scent of marzipan. I think its because I used to do a lot of HazMat work, and it really reminds me of the scent of cyanide, but I would prefer to lather up with gasoline and shave with a Zippo over using a marzipan scented soap/cream.

That's not really my thing. In my soaps, creams, and aftershaves, the only thing I like LESS than the scent of menthol, is the scent of marzipan. I think its because I used to do a lot of HazMat work, and it really reminds me of the scent of cyanide, but I would prefer to lather up with gasoline and shave with a Zippo over using a marzipan scented soap/cream.
The things you learn and the things you "hear" in the B&B! Never would have thought cyanide would smell like marzipan and don't think I'm in a rush to try the old f
Human torch prep method. Lol.

Top Bottom