What's new

Summer Sale on Harris, Trumper, et al

guenron said:
Green Pond is having their Summer Toiletries Sale! Good kit with some special savings here.

Darn im sure It wasnt here I double checked typed " greenpond" in the search engine.. perhaps " Green pond " would have been better !

I'll delete mine... cant have people buying in stereo their SWMBO would haunt me forever its bad already to buy stuff in mono.. :tongue:

I wrote them yesterday to enquire about the cost of shipping one Trumper's Sandalwood soap bowl to Canada. $12.50?! That is crazy.

For the sake of comparison, shipping for two Trumpers shave cream tubs and a bottle of Coral Skin Food from QED cost $8.50.

water said:
I wrote them yesterday to enquire about the cost of shipping one Trumper's Sandalwood soap bowl to Canada. $12.50?! That is crazy.

For the sake of comparison, shipping for two Trumpers shave cream tubs and a bottle of Coral Skin Food from QED cost $8.50.
Almost without fail, I purchase my kit from Charles at QED. It is things like hard soap and cologne that I find at these places. Sometimes I believe that Charles undervalues his time wrapping and packaging. Each item separately wrapped in its own cocoon of plastic wrap protecting it and the other items from the vagaries of shipment. Oh well, I guess that is why he has such a loyal following. It could also be the challenge of his web site?

Charles' packing is sufficient to survive a nuclear winter. I find it quite frustrating to actually get at the stuff, often resorting to knife, teeth, etc.

Though people often complain about the QED web site, I have no problem with it. If it means less customers and, as a result, better service keep it the way it is! :)

Seriously, all I ever do is drop Charles an e-mail telling him what I want to order. I have never had a problem. Great service.

Regarding the cost of shipping, Charles clearly charges me exactly the amount it costs him to ship the box. That means no charge for the box itself or the wrapping inside. Still, even taking that into account $12.50 for one Trumper's soap is ludicrous. To offer a guess based upon packages I have received in the past, I would reckon that the actual shipping would cost Green Pond $4. So I am paying $8.50 for packaging and labour?

water said:
Though people often complain about the QED web site, I have no problem with it. If it means less customers and, as a result, better service keep it the way it is! :)

Seriously, all I ever do is drop Charles an e-mail telling him what I want to order. I have never had a problem. Great service.

Regarding the cost of shipping, Charles clearly charges me exactly the amount it costs him to ship the box. That means no charge for the box itself or the wrapping inside. Still, even taking that into account $12.50 for one Trumper's soap is ludicrous. To offer a guess based upon packages I have received in the past, I would reckon that the actual shipping would cost Green Pond $4. So I am paying $8.50 for packaging and labour?
While I am not their (Greenpond's) appologist, perhaps that (at least in part) is their allocation for someone motoring to the post office and standing in line (for goodness knows how long) to take care of the "Above the 49th" declarations required by Ali Baba and his 40 thieves at the border? I find that a bit much, but consider this when getting colognes, etc from Robert it is a ₤10 minimum for shipping ($18+).

Is it just me, or are their "sale" prices no better than what you can find normally at places such as the Gentleman's Shop?

Scotto said:
Is it just me, or are their "sale" prices no better than what you can find normally at places such as the Gentleman's Shop?
It depends, and yes it is just you!:lol:

Scotto said:
Where are the bargains? I am not getting it. (but I am slow this AM)
WIthout calculating exchange rate to the pence and penny, GP Ajaccio Cologne 42.75 + $4.75 Shipping = $47.50.. Similar GS £24.13 (sans vat) + £10 Shipping = $60.08

Wow. Just when I thought Green Pond's shipping to Canada was horrible (which it is), I get a response from Knox Cigar regarding the cost of shipping the same Trumper's soap. $16 to $18. Surely they are joking.

Top Bottom