What's new

Summer Brush Sabbatical :: 2019

It still means something to those that don't have a broken spirit. Referendums are meaningless falsification of popular will. If you're familiar with Alta Vendita, Piccolo Tigre, Carbonari etc. you know how things change. Far from anything organic or 'progressive'.

I am glad to have broken spirit, if it means to keep the clowns of Savoia away!

For your information, the bluish colour in that Savoia emblem, was introduced relatively recently.

What in Italy is called "Savoy blu", is this:

Blu Savoia - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Today's brush is my easiest one to live with - fast to lather, most versatile handle, best flow through, excellent painter, quick to rinse and dry.

Vulfix 404b

proxy.php

Nice! Like a Duke 4. It's great when you find budget items that work well for you.

I am glad to have broken spirit, if it means to keep the clowns of Savoia away!

For your information, the bluish colour in that Savoia emblem, was introduced relatively recently.

What in Italy is called "Savoy blu", is this:

Blu Savoia - Wikipedia

I don't share your hate towards nobility. I dream at night of savoy blue lined humidor for my aristocratic Chubby 2. :a39:

Nice! Like a Duke 4. It's great when you find budget items that work well for you.

This used to be a budget and good value brush 5 years ago at $33. Today you can buy silvertips from Yaqi, Maseto etc. for the same price. But I still like it.

This used to be a budget and good value brush 5 years ago at $33. Today you can buy silvertips from Yaqi, Maseto etc. for the same price. But I still like it.

It's true that Yaqi, Maseto etc.are a great value too. I just compared it to the rest on your "ivory shelf".

@Boar Fighter Good riddance. That would be the worst brush for a swirler. It's probably even worse with hard soaps.

Yes, i like the horse hair's lather ability and feeling, but at the end, the whole result is what counts... Better this way... I think i will end up with a Semogue mistura after all and maybe one or more Yaqis and that will be the end for say 10 years... Simpsons...Nice hair, but, they are a bit too dense for my liking, this results in lather coming down the handle instead of soaking the deep part of the knot... It's good that i got them, but i am not sure i want more. We will see... I 've already merged 2 brushes into 1 rotation slot, i am really pushing the limits. The mistura can go to the Semogue rotation which currently has only 4 members, so no problem there.

Still in. Two more months to go. Every time I think of another brush I look at the stats of the current month. I used 11 different brushes and I enjoyed using all but one of them...

Happy shaves! :)

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I bought a trio of razors and with it came a shaving mug/scuttle and a used wooden no name handle brush. I didn't realize until I opened the box and saw the brush.

Glad your will is strong, gents. :a11:

I haven't bought any new brushes and haven't been tempted yet. Truly enjoying my spring hoard of new badgers.

Hey @ajkel64 you got a freebie. It doesn't count as a splurge. Congrats! :a17:

I should report that I was PIFed a Sterling Tuxedo brush at the Denver meet on June 22nd. I think I am still in since this was given to me.

I hope everyone is doing well!

I'm still in, using exclusively boar brushes since the beginning of July. 2 Omegas (011842, 11137) and 2 Semogues (830, TSN LE 2018). I plan to keep it that way till the end of August. It is fun and I am curious what the feeling will be once I get back to my Simpsons.

Happy shaves and enjoy the rest of your summer! :)

Top Bottom