What's new

Summer Brush Sabbatical :: 2019

Density yields higher capillary action.

Duke 3 (left) vs Chubby 2.

proxy.php

And it's a tight configuration knot. Doesn't bloom much like the Polo 8. Still wet at the base 18h after shaving, drying on the windowsill.

proxy.php

It seems like a bush. Good luck with drying!

Used my very first custom for my birthday shave today. I'm pretty sure I commissioned it with birthday money just a couple of years ago.
proxy.php

A thing of beauty. How many ivory colored handles in your collection including backups? I'm at modest 5.35. :a17:

I think they are 8. 2 Omegas, 3 Vulfix Grosvenor, 1 Simpson X2 Commodore, 1 Simpson Eagle 2, 1 EJ best.

Too many already... And i have 0 blue ones. I have an Omega model, but it's so dark blue, that it's not really blue.

I need more blue! (Yaqi silvertip, i am looking at you!)

I think they are 8. 2 Omegas, 3 Vulfix Grosvenor, 1 Simpson X2 Commodore, 1 Simpson Eagle 2, 1 EJ best.

Too many already... And i have 0 blue ones. I have an Omega model, but it's so dark blue, that it's not really blue.

I think the Yaqi can wait for the next 3 months... :wink2:

You have Muhle in blue. ;)

I'm holding off for the Jade Omega till SBS ends. No point in doing a sabbatical if you don't have a brush tempting you.

Oh, right! I forgot about that! But it's very washed out blue. Muhle calls is "fjord blue". Yes, i like that, because i like blue in general, but it's not really real blue either.

Fjord blue??? pfffffffffffffffff

That's the most Italian blue there ever was. Royal House of Savoy - see the ribbon and mantle with Bleu celeste tincture.

proxy.php

Last edited:
I'm holding off for the Jade Omega till SBS ends. No point in doing a sabbatical if you don't have a brush tempting you.

It doesn't work particularly well for bowl lathering IME. Too short. YMMV

No temptations here at the moment. I have too much stuff. I would actually like to decrease the brushes (and other shaving items) in rotation.

Yes, too bad we had a referendum that abolished the monarchy, so that tiny ribbon doesn't mean anything anymore.

It still means something to those that don't have a broken spirit. Referendums are meaningless falsification of popular will. If you're familiar with Alta Vendita, Piccolo Tigre, Carbonari etc. you know how things change. Far from anything organic or 'progressive'.

Today's brush is my easiest one to live with - fast to lather, most versatile handle, best flow through, excellent painter, quick to rinse and dry.

Vulfix 404b

proxy.php

Top Bottom