What's new

Summary of Penhalligon's Blenheim Boquet... Totally NOT what I get from the scent.

Perfume.com has this quote about this fantastic scent:

"This light, citrusy fragrance is the perfect addition to an afternoon in the park or a twilight stroll on the beach."

Not for me... To me its got an ultra-traditional feel to it. You wear it with a great old suit or blazer as you go to a very old church. Its really British smelling to me, really, really old world. Its even a bit stiff , perhaps, but not in a bad way at all.

It also has a strong Pine note to it which doesn't work for me.

"Blenheim Bouquet by Penhaligon`s is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for men. Blenheim Bouquet was launched in 1902. Top notes are lavender, amalfi lemon and lime; base notes are musk, pine and black pepper." from Fragrantica.

They are currently have a sale at Penhaligon's!

Here's the email link to it!

Sale | Promotions | Penhaligon's

Perfume.com has this quote about this fantastic scent:

"This light, citrusy fragrance is the perfect addition to an afternoon in the park or a twilight stroll on the beach."

Not for me... To me its got an ultra-traditional feel to it. You wear it with a great old suit or blazer as you go to a very old church. Its really British smelling to me, really, really old world. Its even a bit stiff , perhaps, but not in a bad way at all.

Sir, you are absolutely correct!

This is not for you!

However, I'm Old School and I enjoy it!

penhaligon blenheim bouquet product range.jpg

It is really a straightforward lime and pine scent. Very manly and unlike ANYTHING that is in vogue and trendy these days. I love it...especially when I put on a nice suit and take off to work. But you have to have confidence to wear this...because this is not for the meek.

It also has a strong Pine note to it which doesn't work for me.

"Blenheim Bouquet by Penhaligon`s is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for men. Blenheim Bouquet was launched in 1902. Top notes are lavender, amalfi lemon and lime; base notes are musk, pine and black pepper." from Fragrantica.

They are currently have a sale at Penhaligon's!

Here's the email link to it!

Sale | Promotions | Penhaligon's
Sir, you are absolutely correct!

This is not for you!

However, I'm Old School and I enjoy it!

View attachment 877744

I misstated when I said "not for me". I meant to say that their description of BB is not how I experience it. BB is very much for me and i adore it. With the current sale, I just might have to grab some more.

Here is how Penhaligon's describes Blenheim Bouquet (which is more how I experience it)
  • A masterpiece of tailoring.
    A citrus cologne, with architecture far more
    formal, crisp and aristocratic than a simple white shirt.
    The setting is Blenheim.
    Imposing, immutable, indeed a national treasure,
    we are at the home of the Duke of Marlborough.
    He for whom this bespoke scent was first made.

Just like the most refined British humour, it is dry. (Churchill was a fan.)
    Like the best gin, aromatic.
    Whilst being as crisp as fresh laundry.
    It is as versatile as a bow-tie.
    An invigorating daytime cocktail of citrus oils, spices and woods.
    From a simple Cornish barber (Mr. Penhaligon) to contemporary urban beards:
    Blenheim Bouquet has always transcended the infidelities of Time.

No beach in or park in that summary!

Thanks for the tip re: the current sale!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
BB is very much for me and i adore it. With the current sale, I just might have to grab some more.

I really like it too.

You may want to look into their English Fern as well. Try a sample, of course, as this stuff is pretty ... well, it's its own fragrance. I didn't like it at all when I first tried my sample of it ages ago, but hearing other guys rave about it I came back to the sample a few more times and started to figure out what it was all about ... and ended up really liking it.

Overall the Pen's lineup is a bit of a mixed bag, not in terms of quality but in terms of ... shall we say, "approach". A few of their scents are 100 years old, give or take a bit, (BB and EF being two of them) and they have a "feel" about them. Then most of the Pens scents are much, much younger, and have a different, "modern" feel ... and some a bit in the middle.

Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom