What's new

Sukin for Men facial moisturiser.

You know if someone told me 30 years ago I would be a part of a group with a bunch of guys chatting about face moisturiser for men and how good it is ... on my 51 birthday in Aussie ..
I would have said they were NUTS !!!!!!
[emoji1417][emoji1618]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ROFL! Ditto , I would never have imagined I would get into this sort of thing either :001_302:

You know if someone told me 30 years ago I would be a part of a group with a bunch of guys chatting about face moisturiser for men and how good it is ... on my 51 birthday in Aussie .. I would have said they were NUTS !!!!!!
[emoji1417][emoji1618]

Every time I start typing I have the same thought, then I go ahead and post anyway.:001_rolle
As for emojis - what can I say?!?!?!? :1eye:

Also, I object to the term 'NUTS'. Surely it's 'BOSC'. :001_302:

BTW - Happy Birthday. :001_tt2:

OK. Since Rich (and maybe all of us) is/are uncomfortable discussing moisturiser with other men, I thought I'd repeat the discomfort for everyone with another quick report on my second try with the Sukin Facial Moisturiser.

Used much less product today. A blob about the same size as a NZ 5c coin (remember those?). Still enough to provide the same coverage. Was absorbed very quickly - within a minute or two. No greasiness, no film, no shine, but definitely doesn't feel dry. Can still tell I have something on but it's more like my face is hydrated (to borrow a spurious term from the marketing mad men, but I can't think of a better way to describe it). Same nice scent - an hour after my shave I'm not sure if it's dissipated yet because I shaved with Sudsy Soapery Citrus & Bay shaving soap and that lingers for some time!

Still liking this moisturiser boys and girls. Will post final thoughts later today or tomorrow to advise on how well it lasts.

Last edited:
Happy Birthday for yesterday Rich.

If you thought guys didn’t use moisturiser 30 years ago, think again. In my late teens, I’m 53 now, I was in the Army Reserve and once saw a Sergeant Major using Oil of Ulan as an after shave.

OK. Since Rich (and maybe all of us) is/are uncomfortable discussing moisturiser with other men, I thought I'd repeat the discomfort for everyone with another quick report on my second try with the Sukin Facial Moisturiser.

Used much less product today. A blob about the same size as a NZ 5c coin (remember those?). Still enough to provide the same coverage. Was absorbed very quickly - within a minute or two. No greasiness, no film, no shine, but definitely doesn't feel dry. Can still tell I have something on but it's more like my face is hydrated (to borrow a spurious term from the marketing mad men, but I can't think of a better way to describe it). Same nice scent - an hour after my shave I'm not sure if it's dissipated yet because I shaved with Sudsy Soapery Citrus & Bay shaving soap and that lingers for some time!

Still liking this moisturiser boys and girls. Will post final thoughts later today or tomorrow to advise on how well it lasts.

It's great that we have this forum to share these discussions :a21:
Men deserve a bit of love and pampering too :c9:

Last report on the Sukin Men's Facial Moisturiser...

Having used a smaller blob of this yesterday for my second try I am happy to say the 'hydrated' feel (I should be in marketing - not) lasted well into the evening, so no issues with longevity. I think the scent was still just there but since the cinnamon ingredient makes it similar to the Sudsy Soapery Citrus & Bay shaving soap it is hard to tell which of the two it was. Or it may have been my imagination! Most importantly, I had no reaction to any of the ingredients. I have used moisturisers and ASBs in the past that have felt and smelled great but caused some form of irritation on my face. The reaction is usually within the first couple of hours of use (sometimes immediately!) so going a whole day with no problem gives the Sukin a big pass mark. This is usually the deciding factor when choosing a product that works for me, so it looks like it is here to stay. I used it again today instead of one of my usual ASBs.
And it's Australian. Who'd have thunk it! :clap:

Top Bottom